Wrestling thread

manee said:
He is improving.
There's a long way to go until he is a good wrestler. I love watching him though, his domination is great.

manee said:
ARGH SORRY, I meant critics instead of followers. Whoops, ruined my whole post. Damn typos.

By company, I mean (well I was actually talking about TNA there but I can say...) it has different superstars and writers as well as different cosmetics and timeslot on a different channel

That last sentance has no basis or proof to it.

PS: Although I have been sledging you in Stadium War and arguing with you in this thread, it does not mean I do not rate you as a good member.

Ah right, back with the intended meaning.

My arguement remains fairly similar, for a start where does 9/10 come from? You say my argument is invalid because I have made an assumption based on the setting, you cant do the same thing then.

I agree with the notion though, TNA fans generally critisise WWECW and WWE itself, although the former more so. This is because it delivers so poorly on the wrestling front, which is exactly what TNA fans are supporters of.

Your argument of the "They should support another small company" is still pretty useless though. It isnt a new company, it is quite clearly WWE. Plus WWECW has talent which in comparison isnt very talented.

Just on your final point, I prefer to term this as a debate. Obviously people have different opinions and debate is good. I have no personal problem with anyone else, even those whos opinions I strongly disagree with. In fact I am thinking more highly of the people debating with me who put forward considerated and intelligent arguments.

The Spin said:
Ah right, back with the intended meaning.
Sorry again for that stupid typo.

The Spin said:
My arguement remains fairly similar, for a start where does 9/10 come from? You say my argument is invalid because I have made an assumption based on the setting, you cant do the same thing then.
9/10 is obviously not a proper stat but being a member of a wrestling forum, many many TNA fans are WWECW sceptics.

The Spin said:
Your argument of the "They should support another small company" is still pretty useless though. It isnt a new company, it is quite clearly WWE. Plus WWECW has talent which in comparison isnt very talented.
It is not that they should support another small company but that they should relate to a company with limited resources and TV time.

I know WWECW is clearly WWE but a seperate section of WWE, they have different superstars, looks different, different stage, channel and also it is treated in a lesser eye by Vince. All that being said, it is different enough to have different fans. Raw and Smackdown have different fans as do WWECW many are the same, but there are unique viewers to each.

Wow, Undertaker vs Batista Last Man Standing at Backlash!! Backlash is looking even more amazing every minute!

Can someone answer this?? How do the wrestlers get hit with steel chairs without it actually killing them?? Cos its got to kill but you see them getting up afterwards and it doesnt even bother Umaga and such like???

Basically, the chairs are folded flat. It is like getting hit by a food tray, it hurts loads, but after about 100 shots you get used to it.

Chair shots are legitamate and can give concussions to a relatively weak person.

Yeah, the chair shots obviously are real but they are folded flat and really don't cause that much damage. There was a programme on once which showed you how they do all the wrestling moves safely and they said you can't fake a chair shot.

I would imagine that shots to the back sting more than they hurt. They will probably bruise too.

Was that Tough Enough by chance, Steven? I used to watch that. :p

The chairs are made of a really thin metal, aren't they? So it doesn't really hurt when hit with them.

I think it was Connor. I also watched a show a week ago on youtube which was called 'Pro Wrestling's Secrets' or something like that and was just trying to prove that wrestling wasn't real, like we didn't already know!

Ireland_Rule said:
I think it was Connor. I also watched a show a week ago on youtube which was called 'Pro Wrestling's Secrets' or something like that and was just trying to prove that wrestling wasn't real, like we didn't already know!
LMAO, whoever made that was a bit stupid! Everybody knows its scripted and acting and even the WWE call it sports entertainment.

aussie1st said:
It's for both I think as both Raw and SD have events.

Yes, Raw and Smackdown both will host this event , all the championship is on line so far except Womens :( , will be exciting :p

Users who are viewing this thread