Wrestling thread

sd92 said:
Yer but most of TNA's wrestlers came from WWE anyway, and i don't think TNA have better ones. They are just the old WWE ones, who can't take WWE anymore. But thats your opinion, which is perfectly fine :p

Most? You would be surprised to know that most of TNA's top superstars are not ex-WWE guys. Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, LAX etc. are all guys who have never been at WWE and are a huge part of TNA.

MUFC1987 said:
TNA has a few good new guys at the top, but a lot of it is just stale WWE talent. Kurt Angle is the exception, but if he continues at TNA has career could soon be over, he needs serious help. Tomko is a prime example, I mean main eventing their main TV show? What is that about?

Tomko doesnt main event, he may have been in one main event but it doesnt make him a main eventer. He is firmly in the midcard and he could be leaving soon. Kurt Angle is doing well at TNA and from what I am hearing he wont be leaving any time soon.

sd92 said:
Yer, this is what i mean, and Sting etc. I hope Kurt Angle goes back to WWE, and the Big Show he shouldnt go to TNA. Please don;t

Angle wont go back because he says TNA is better. Apparently Big Show is undecided.

MUFC1987 said:
It's strange that Sting is in the main event really. He's never going to carry an organisation, especially at his age. He could hardly carry a decent match back in his hey-day.

He isn't carrying TNA. Back in his heyday he was one of the all-time greats, along with Ric Flair. His job at TNA is to help get the younger guys more popular.

sd92 said:
So who thinks that TNA will sometime challenge WWE, and if so will it make WWE improve, or will it be the demise of WWE and make TNA the "top dog" in wrestling??

I think it will definitely challenge WWE. It has a better product by far. As for who would win, you never know

Ireland_Rule said:
Sting seriously is one of the greatest wrestlers of all time IMO, his matches with Abyss have been excellent.

AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, Jay Lethal, Samoa Joe are all wrestlers that have made their names in TNA.

I personally prefer TNA's wrestling and PPV's but i admit iMPACT! is awful.

Thank goodness, someone speaking some sense. But what about Impact? The only problem is that its one hour long. Other than that its really good.

Last edited:
This thread should really be the "wrestling thread", seeing as we're talking about TNA. TNA is better, I think.

Ireland rules pointed out some really good wrestlers in that list. I hate people that say "TNA is made up of old WWE guys". Only a few of them have been on WWE and that was only for a couple of shows etc. Kurt Angle is a great wrestler, and Sting is just there to get guys like Daniels over.

I have watched TNA occasionally but I believe an area it struggles and will still struggle is in the area of wrestlers with legacies such as The Undertaker's wrestlemania streak. TNA's solution to this is to steal talent from other federations but that cannot work for long when you are clearly the smaller promotion.

They are clearly smaller, there is no denying that, but they put on matches which outclass WWE by far. I think by building their own stars they are doing the right thing. Some of the TNA guys have legacies, such as AJ Styles. He is a 3 time triple crown champion (he has won all the 3 TNA titles at least 3 times) and the only triple crown champion in TNA. Thats pretty impressive.

The Spin said:
They are clearly smaller, there is no denying that, but they put on matches which outclass WWE by far. I think by building their own stars they are doing the right thing. Some of the TNA guys have legacies, such as AJ Styles. He is a 3 time triple crown champion (he has won all the 3 TNA titles at least 3 times) and the only triple crown champion in TNA. Thats pretty impressive.

I prefer the WWE style of wrestling, which people like Shawn Michaels and Chris Benoit use, I just think that musclemen like Snitsky and Mark Henry are destroying the standard of wrestling.

Abyss
Kurt Angle (WWE)
Brother Devon (WWE)
Brother Ray (WWE)
Brother Runt (WWE)
Christian Cage (WWE)
Christopher Daniels
Andy Douglas
Sonjay Dutt
Chris Harris
Havok
Hernandez
Homicide
Lance Hoyt
BG James
Kip James
Kaz
Jay Lethal
Jerry Lynn
Martyr
Raven
Rhino (WWE)
Robert Roode
Chris Sabin
Samoa Joe
Senshi
Shark Boy
Alex Shelley
"The" Austin Starr
Scott Steiner (WWE)
Chase Stevens
Sting (WWE)
"Cowboy" James Storm
AJ Styles
Tomko
Petey Williams
Eric Young
Ms. Brooks
Gail Kim
Konnan
Jackie Moore (WWE)
Mr. Backlund
Leticia Cline
Jim Cornette
Machete
James Mitchell
Kevin Nash (WWE)
So Cal Val
Jackie Gayda
Jeff Jarrett
Ron Killings

TNA have taken all the best guys from WWE except Brother Runt...

manee said:
I prefer the WWE style of wrestling, which people like Shawn Michaels and Chris Benoit use, I just think that musclemen like Snitsky and Mark Henry are destroying the standard of wrestling.

The WWE style? Michaels/Benoit isnt the WWE style, in fact thats probably more like some of the TNA style. WWE style is more like Cena, Lashley, Batista, Umaga. i.e. big men fighting slowly

Karachi Xpress said:
Abyss
Kurt Angle (WWE)
Brother Devon (WWE)
Brother Ray (WWE)
Brother Runt (WWE)
Christian Cage (WWE)
Christopher Daniels
Andy Douglas
Sonjay Dutt
Chris Harris
Havok
Hernandez
Homicide
Lance Hoyt
BG James
Kip James
Kaz
Jay Lethal
Jerry Lynn
Martyr
Raven
Rhino (WWE)
Robert Roode
Chris Sabin
Samoa Joe
Senshi
Shark Boy
Alex Shelley
"The" Austin Starr
Scott Steiner (WWE)
Chase Stevens
Sting (WWE)
"Cowboy" James Storm
AJ Styles
Tomko
Petey Williams
Eric Young
Ms. Brooks
Gail Kim
Konnan
Jackie Moore (WWE)
Mr. Backlund
Leticia Cline
Jim Cornette
Machete
James Mitchell
Kevin Nash (WWE)
So Cal Val
Jackie Gayda
Jeff Jarrett
Ron Killings

TNA have taken all the best guys from WWE except Brother Runt...

For a start you cant say Sting is a WWE guy. He has never worked at WWE.

If you look at TNA's top guys you see Christian Cage, who is a WWE guy, ill admit. The rest are: Jeff Jarrett (part of WWE for a very small time, now part-owns TNA), Sting (never WWE), Abyss (never WWE), Kurt Angle (WWE), Samoa Joe (Never WWE), AJ Styles (Never WWE), Christopher Daniels (Never WWE), Rhino (WWE)

Most of those are TNA through and through. TNA makes their own stars mostly. And the WWE guys TNA get arnt rejects, they get the guys who are fed up of being pushed aside because they arnt 6 foot 5 and 400 pounds.

TNA have a good crop of wrestlers. Sonjay Dutt, Jay Lethal, Alex Shelley, Senshi are all great talents. TNA and WWE are about different things really. TNA is about quality wrestling, WWE is about angles and storylines. All the people that think reject WWE guys make TNA good, watch the Samoa Joe, AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels triple threat match. Amazing.

Let's look at the Raw roster (just as an example) and pin point which is the dominant style. NB: I do not know the outcome before I do this,

Carlito - Grapple based
Charlie Haas - Grapple based/Submission
Chloe - Dog
Chris Masters- Powerful
Edge - Grapple based
Eugene - Signiture/Charisma move based
Hacksaw Jim Duggan - Signiture/Charisma move based
Jeff Hardy - High flying
John Cena - Powerful/Charisma/Signiture move based
Johnny Nitro - Quick strike based
JTG - Tag team
Kenny Dykstra - Quick and high flying
Lance Cade - Tag team
Randy Orton - Grapple based
Ric Flair - Submission/Charisma based
Robbie McAllister - Tag team
Rory McAllister - Tag team
Shad - Tag team
Shane McMahon - Strike based
Shawn Michaels - Quick strike/Charisma based
Shelton Benjamin - Quick strike
Stone Cold - Charisma/Strike based
Super Crazy - High flyer
The Great Khali - Powerful
Trevor Murdoch - Tag team
Triple H - Strike based
Umaga - Powerful
Val Venis - Grapple based
Viscera - Powerful

Grapple based: 3
Strikes (punches and kicks): 4
Powerful: 5
Charisma (taunts): 6
Signiture move: 5
Submission: 2

WWE seems to have a mix of many styles with Charisma, Powerful and Signiture moves being the main ones.

RAW has a great roster and so does Smackdown! Ecw lacks in some areas and i think maybe they need a 2 hour show, but for a one hour show they do damn well. Vince McMahon said they will have a 2 hour show in the future but for now 1 hour is fine. The WWE has a real mix of all kinds of wrestlers at different ages from youngsters ( such as Kenny Dkystra and The Mix) to legends (such as Undertaker and HBK, Ric Flair etc) and i truly believe they are far superior in the wrestling shows to TNA. Yes i agreee that maybe someday TNA will challenge WWE, but when WCW challenged WWE it made Vinca McMahon think, Hey, i need to really step this up, and he did and it made WWE better and it was exactly the same with ECW. O yer, look at what happened, they both got taken over by WWE and maybe this will be a future move from McMahon. Come on lets be honest everybody knows Vincent Kennedy McMahon is by far the best wrestling promoter the world has ever seen.

I was thinking that maybe we should open a TNA thread??

Last edited:
Ireland_Rule said:
Sting seriously is one of the greatest wrestlers of all time IMO, his matches with Abyss have been excellent.

AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, Jay Lethal, Samoa Joe are all wrestlers that have made their names in TNA.

I personally prefer TNA's wrestling and PPV's but i admit iMPACT! is awful.
They all made their names on the Indy circuit, as far as I'm concerned, TNA cannot claim to have produced any of them, in the way that WWE produces talent.

sd92 said:
I was thinking that maybe we should open a TNA thread??
That would be pointless as it's just easier to discuss both in this thread.

MUFC1987 said:
They all made their names on the Indy circuit, as far as I'm concerned, TNA cannot claim to have produced any of them, in the way that WWE produces talent.
This is about the most true thing anyone has said all day. WWE produces tonnes of talent and everyone here somehow seems to love TNA and i don't see how! :p

MUFC1987 said:

They may have worked on the indy circuit, but TNA are the ones which made them big names. You dont think WWE get indy guys? A lot of their stars did use to work in the indies. John Cena and The Undertaker both worked indies before joining WWE

sd92 said:
This is about the most true thing anyone has said all day. WWE produces tonnes of talent and everyone here somehow seems to love TNA and i don't see how! :p

Well as I have said earlier, it isnt true at all.

People love TNA because it puts on truely great wrestling matches. Have you ever watched the AJ Styles vs. Samoa Joe vs. Christopher Daniels Triple Threat match for the X Division title. It is unbelievable, and much better than any WWE match.

If anyone can name any of this talent which WWE have solely produced, without any indies or outside development then please tell me because I cannot think of anyone who the WWE itself has produced as you are saying it.

The Spin said:
If anyone can name any of this talent which WWE have solely produced, without any indies or outside development then please tell me because I cannot think of anyone who the WWE itself has produced as you are saying it.

Well you may not know but WWE use Ohio Valley Wrestling and Deep South Wrestling, and most of the WWE stars are born there, the WWE signs them onto development contracts and when they are"good" enough they move to raw, smackdown or ECW. Here is a list of wrestlers from development companies:

Monday Night Raw
Shelton Benjamin
Lance Cade
Carlito (Carly Colone)
John Cena (The Prototype)
Kenny Dykstra (Ken Doane)
Armando Alejandro Estrada (Hazem Ali)
Eugene (Nick Dinsmore)
Charlie Haas
Mickie James
Johnny Jeter
JTG (Jayson Paul)
Maria Kanellis
Chris Masters (Chris Mordetsky)
Robbie McAllister (Derek Graham-Couch)
Rory McAllister (Russell Murray)
Melina (Melina Perez)
Johnny Nitro (John Hennigan)
Randy Orton
Shad (Shad Gaspard)
Victoria (Lisa Marie Varon)

Friday Night Smackdown
Batista (Leviation)
The Boogeyman (Marty Wright)
Cherry (Kara Drew)
Deuce (James Reiher, Jr.)
Domino (Cliff Compton)
Jillian Hall
Mark Henry
K.C. James (Kurt Sellers)
Chris Kay - referee
Ken Kennedy (Ken Anderson)
Paul London
Michelle McCool (Michelle McCool-Alexander)
Mike "The Miz" Mizanin
Queen Sharmell (Sharmell Sullivan-Huffman)
Idol Stevens (Aaron Stevens)

ECW
Ariel (Shelly Martinez)
Elijah Burke
Mike Knox (Mike Hettinga)
Rene Dupree (Ren? Goguen)
Kelly Kelly (Barbie Blank)
Bobby Lashley (Franklin Roberto Lashley)
CM Punk (Phil Brooks)
Kevin Thorn (Kevin Fertig)
Sylvan (Sylvain Grenier)
Snitsky (Eugene Snisky)
Trinity (Stephanie Finochio)

Technically all of these wrestlers are self made and i don't see TNA having any great development territory??

I did know about OVW/DSW and didnt realise you were allowing developments as self-made, since OVW and DSW are not actually part of WWE, they are separate companies who WWE sends people to. TNA has much the same working agreement with a few of the Indy promotions, most notably Ring Of Honour.

In this way, both TNA and WWE develop their stars.

But I find your list of WWE's self produced stars as hillarious. CM Punk is on there and he was developed by TNA and ROH. He wrestled a long time at those 2 before moving to WWE so he is really TNA developed.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread