Young overconfident Indian squad for Zimbabwe tour

this squad is more like India A; they wont be keeping their #3 spot on the ODI table with that.

Maybe we will discover some new talents.....?

Well, the media have been screaming about player burn out due to IPL. Could it be that the selectors want to rest the players? :confused:

Well, the media have been screaming about player burn out due to IPL. Could it be that the selectors want to rest the players? :confused:

It's not that BCCI have selected poor players, they just want to give the seniors some rest for Asia Cup and maybe, bringing up some big talents from this tour.

Why don't people read my posts ? :(

Why don't people read my posts ? :(

I completely overlooked your post :p
However, I do feel that India will not have an easy time with Zimbabwe. They are quite unpredictable and may pose a strong challenge to the young Indian players.

I completely overlooked your post :p
However, I do feel that India will not have an easy time with Zimbabwe. They are quite unpredictable and may pose a strong challenge to the young Indian players.

Yeah! I feel Coventry and Masakadza can be a pain in the --- for Indian bowlers.

Yeah! I feel Coventry and Masakadza can be a pain in the --- for Indian bowlers.
Indian bowling is really weird and without Zaheer, it will be worse.

Indian bowling is really weird and without Zaheer, it will be worse.

Zaheer is not his usual self these days. He is rarely in full fitness, and has not been playing the way he is supposed to be. The thing is, even then he looks the best bet out of all bowlers from India.

Maybe we are not giving much importance to the new set of bowlers. Who knows, Yadav, Dinda, Ashwin, Ojha might spring a surprise.

Zaheer is not his usual self these days. He is rarely in full fitness, and has not been playing the way he is supposed to be. The thing is, even then he looks the best bet out of all bowlers from India.

Maybe we are not giving much importance to the new set of bowlers. Who knows, Yadav, Dinda, Ashwin, Ojha might spring a surprise.

Even though the new bowlers have not been given much of a chance, I have to say that (with the exception of Ojha) I did not find any of the mentioned bowlers THAT impressive. I am not stating that they are terrible, but they clearly need to improve. Playing more international matches will help them gain the necessary experience.

Hopefully at least one or two of them might actually flourish in this tour. I am not keeping too much hope though. I have been disappointed with India's performance far more times than I can count :p

Hopefully at least one or two of them might actually flourish in this tour.

1-2 bowlers will get 5 wickets against Zimbabwe and then again fail against international teams. That's what happens to Indian team.

1-2 bowlers will get 5 wickets against Zimbabwe and then again fail against international teams. That's what happens to Indian team.

What I do not understand is why BCCI is unwilling to make fast bowling pitches in India. The pitches would be then perfect to develop genuine pace bowlers.
:facepalm

Indian team proves the title of this thread!!

If they dont win, they automatically become overconfident? If they win, they automatically become confident, right? Are you guys mind readers or you're just using words according to the situation?

Raina spoke yesterday about not underestimating Zimbabwe. Kirsten said that they are tough opponents and even more with India's new look squad. I dont see how they are overconfident. They knew that with their inexperience, Zimbabwe will be tough competition.

Users who are viewing this thread