Your Cricket Your Records And Your Life In Cricket

Proved

Hello everyone,i wont believe that i will bowl under 100 km when im 14 and im a fast bowler and at an average a spinner bowls between 80-100 km/h.So a 14 yr old can bowl at least 115 km/h.Now everyone stop shouting :facepalm :wave

Last edited:
Bowling style and action

Hey guyz,i dont know whose action of bowling should i follow.im always keep changing it when it doesnt hit the stumps and go out of control.Till last week,i tried to bowl with a dale steyn action but i got acute neck pain and i stopped it.Now im bowling with the style of shoaib akhtar.My batting is at its worst.

Hey guyz,i dont know whose action of bowling should i follow.im always keep changing it when it doesnt hit the stumps and go out of control.Till last week,i tried to bowl with a dale steyn action but i got acute neck pain and i stopped it.Now im bowling with the style of shoaib akhtar.My batting is at its worst.

Oh man you should generate your own style rather than imitating others.70-80% of your mind will focus on your action rather than on your bowling.So focus on bowling not on action.Good Luck.

this ...:p
RollingThunderPunch.png

BUT

Oh man you should generate your own style rather than imitating others.70-80% of your mind will focus on your action rather than on your bowling.So focus on bowling not on action.Good Luck.

But my style is the one which doesnt hit the stumps regularly so i need to imitate others :noway

Hello everyone,i wont believe that i will bowl under 100 km when im 14 and im a fast bowler and at an average a spinner bowls between 80-100 km/h.So a 14 yr old can bowl at least 115 km/h.Now everyone stop shouting :facepalm :wave

:facepalm

For a 14 year-old, spinners bowl 50-70km/h. Pace bowlers average 75-85km/h. You wouldn't be bowling over 100, especially if you're trying to imitate others' actions. You need to create your own style but follow the principles ie. straight load-up, strong follow-through, front arm outside the head etc. Within the main principles, there is a lot of potential for unique actions. For example, I don't fully extend my front arm until I'm already pulling it down, whereas other bowlers extend it before pulling down, and others don't extend at all. But if you want to succeed, I would definitely suggest you need your own action.

during my school days when i was in 9th or 10th grade i think, one of my class mates bowled around 105-110 odd and he started playing under 14 for our state then.SO you get the idea if you were any where around that speed at your age you will be noticed.

and if you were bowling anywhere near the pace you told your coach or staff wouldnt let you change to spin unless you were adamant or physical injury, that said it nothing to be ashamed of bowling at low speeds when you are 11,60-70 itself is good for your age.

I'm being honest

HEY

:facepalm

For a 14 year-old, spinners bowl 50-70km/h. Pace bowlers average 75-85km/h. You wouldn't be bowling over 100, especially if you're trying to imitate others' actions. You need to create your own style but follow the principles ie. straight load-up, strong follow-through, front arm outside the head etc. Within the main principles, there is a lot of potential for unique actions. For example, I don't fully extend my front arm until I'm already pulling it down, whereas other bowlers extend it before pulling down, and others don't extend at all. But if you want to succeed, I would definitely suggest you need your own action.

Today is friday and in morning i went to play cricket and i got a superb fast yorker that crashed the leg and middle stump by slightly modifying shoaib akhtar bowling style.So what would you say now ?.My action is not useful.

But my style is the one which doesnt hit the stumps regularly so i need to imitate others :noway

It's called practice, if there was one bowling action that worked better than others then everyone would bowl the same.

Today is friday and in morning i went to play cricket and i got a superb fast yorker that crashed the leg and middle stump by slightly modifying shoaib akhtar bowling style.So what would you say now ?.My action is not useful.

Actions are naturally going to be similar, but you said yourself you modified it. That personalisation will develop more and more until it's your own action.

Imitating an action is not the best idea since everyone has a different body type and different reactions. If imitating Glenn McGrath's action would make you the best bowler in the world, a certain Avishkar Salvi or Munaf Patel would have got 500 test wickets beside their name. Furthermore, it is not that being able to hit the stumps often makes you a better bowler. It is your ability to get the batsman in two minds is what makes you a good bowler. I never saw people like Makhaya Ntini hit the stumps and he did not have the smoothest of action ever but still he managed to get 650+ international wickets alongside his name. You should try and bowl what naturally comes to you and if at goes for wides, you have all the time in the world to rectify it at your age. You should bowl what comes naturally to you and try and improve at that. Not doing so will mean that you will be more concerned about your action and not on taking wickets. One more thing, by the looks of it, you seem to do exactly what people comment on here so if you think Ntini was fast and that is why he got wickets, please note that there have been plenty of bowlers who bowled at similar or greater pace with some even being more accurate but what I think about why Ntini got these many wickets was his ability to defy the batsmen. So as I mentioned above, do what naturally comes to you and try and improve it. Consulting a coach would certainly help since he will help you get a better action without too many modifications or giving a huge load to you as per your body type.

Last edited:
It is not that being able to hit the stumps often makes you a better bowler. It is your ability to get the batsman in two minds is what makes you a good bowler. I never saw people like Makhaya Ntini hit the stumps and he did not have the smoothest of action ever but still he managed to get 650+ international wickets alongside his name. You should try and bowl what naturally comes to you and if at goes for wides, you have all the time in the world to rectify it at your age. You should bowl what comes naturally to you and try and improve at that. Not doing so will mean that you will be more concerned about your action and not on taking wickets. One more thing, by the looks of it, you seem to do exactly what people comment on here so if you think Ntini was fast and that is why he got wickets, please note that there have been plenty of bowlers who bowled at similar or greater pace with some even being more accurate but what I think about why Ntini got these many wickets was his ability to defy the batsmen. So as I mentioned above, do what naturally comes to you and try and improve it. Consulting a coach would certainly help since he will help you get a better action without too many modifications or giving a huge load to you as per your body type.

This. :clap:clap :cheers

Okay I'm going to help all of these people ruining the average 14 year olds intelligence levels. You CANT bowl over 110Km/h without being selected for some district team.

Users who are viewing this thread