Zimbabwe in Bangladesh, November 2010/11

1iram1

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I noticed that there was'nt a thread on this, so I decided to make it.
Shakib has been retained as captain for this series which I think is a good thing even though Mashrafe is coming back.
Bangladesh squad:Shakib Al Hasan (capt), Mashrafe Mortaza, Tamim Iqbal, Imrul Kayes, Junaid Siddique, Mohammad Ashraful, Raqibul Hasan, Mushfiqur Rahim (wk), Mahmudullah, Naeem Islam, Abdur Razzak, Suhrawadi Shuvo, Shafiul Islam, Rubel Hossain, Nazmul Hossain

Standby: Shahriar Nafees, Jahurul Islam, Sabbir Rahman, Syed Rasel

Zimbabwe Squad: Elton Chigumbura (capt), Tatenda Taibu (wk), Brendan Taylor, Hamilton Masakadza, Shingi Masakadza, Regis Chakabva, Chamu Chibhabha, Raymond Price, Ryan Butterworth, Craig Ervine, Prosper Utseya, Graeme Cremer, Keith Dabengwa, Chris Mpofu, Keegan Meth

I think the person to watch out for would be Keegan Meth as he got 4 wickets in the warm-up game.
And here is the preview for the first match from Cricinfo:
Bangladesh v Zimbabwe, 1st ODI, Mirpur: High-flying Bangladesh seek to extend home run | Cricket News | Bangladesh v Zimbabwe | ESPN Cricinfo

Rubel should have been in the team. Mashrafe is crap right now.

Bangladesh 62/1 (16.0 ov)

Bangladesh require another 148 runs with 9 wickets and 34.0 overs remaining

Plodding along.

It'll be interesting to see how BD manage this runchase. They've traditionally been poor at chasing, habit of folding cheaply or succumbing to pressure.

Bangladesh 123/6 (33.0 ov)

Bangladesh require another 87 runs with 4 wickets and 17.0 overs remaining

Sigh.

Chasing does not suit them. Shakib and Mahudullah out there, so still some hope.

That is a discouraging loss for a team that would have looked to build on their success against Kiwis.

Bangladesh just can't chase. A large number of the wickets was just out of panic or frustration. Lack of patience, lack of temperament.

Bangladesh just can't chase. A large number of the wickets was just out of panic or frustration. Lack of patience, lack of temperament.

Yes, and four run outs, including the last wicket. Bangladesh should really be aiming to sweep Zimbabwe aside, I think they're equal to WI on skill levels, especially in their own backyard. Time for them to think like winners, because they're oh-so-close to that level.

But what a cracker of a game!

Re: Shakib, probably the premier allrounder in ODI cricket today.

To be honest, the target was not really that steep. BD just didn't apply themselves well here. The first 15 overs itself tells a sorry tale.
Add to that they rely too much on Shakib and Tamim to bail themselves out of trouble. It is high time the others stepped up.

And M. Ashraful -why on earth have they selected him again ? Just cause of the fact that he led them to a Gold in Guangzhou ?

The Gold medal + his form in the recent domestic competitions.

He really was the stand out batsman in both.

And played what seems like an awful shot here to get out.

I can't understand why he can score for ease domestically but throws his wicket away internationally. It's not that the bowling is too good for him, because all his dismissals are down to sheer idiocy in shot selection. Must be a mental thing.

^ Ashthefool doesn't have the brain to play INT cricket. He looks so nervous out there. And he will never step away either. He will keep playing every time he gets picked, even though he knows he isn't ready. He needs to stay the fling away from the team.

I hate Imrul for his regular nonsense. Starts slow, scores 30 off 80 balls, and then out of no where tries to be aggressive and holds out

Way to ruin the momentum from last series.

McLOVIN added 17 Minutes and 7 Seconds later...

We can't expect more from this team: Shakib

summarizing: Shak is not happy with the team's selection. Even though he was present during the selection, his words weren't taken into consideration. Seems to me, he didn't wanna pick Ashthefuzz, Mashrafe. And rightly so. Look at the way both those 2 played.

He isn't also happy with being the captain. He feels he is more like the "captain". Well that jackass bcb president better realize that Shakib is not just gonna sit there and listen to him, because he is not one of those dolls from the past. I won't be shocked if Shakib gets stripped from the captaincy. That jackass gotta go!

So this is whats going on. Seems like team just cracked with one L, nothing more the Zims could have asked for.

Simply stupid of Shakib to make such a statement. He was not ready for the captaincy ? Shocking ! Bangaldesh have their version of Younis Khan now. I say give it to Mashrafe again. If you have an unwilling captain it really is bad for the team.

2010-12-03__sp11.jpg

"What The FLING?"

Users who are viewing this thread