Zimbabwe in West Indies

Who will win?

• Total voters
Well who would you drop for Collins from that squad they just named?
Only guy I could see being dropped is Jerome Taylor, but he did alright in NZ. I guess they don't want to rush Collins back from injury.

aussie1st said:
Well who would you drop for Collins from that squad they just named?
Only guy I could see being dropped is Jerome Taylor, but he did alright in NZ. I guess they don't want to rush Collins back from injury.

Maybe Collins will be selected after Jerome Taylor gets injured again.

Geez, how many all rounders do Zimbabwe have? When I was making the Fantasy series for this I checked their profiles and half the squad were classed as all rounders. They probably won't go onto to all be as good as Streak but there is a ton of guys where you would think one or two could become the next Streak.

2 very young guys in the squad are Keegen Meth and Ryan Higgins. Both would be classed as allrounders. Meth swings the ball both ways, and also bats. Higgins is a very capable leg spinner and can also handle the willow. It will be interesting to see how this young team goes.

Zimbabwe have some players with potential and had a good win over Antigua and Barbuda. Just don't have the strength to beat the Windies. But think if Zimbabwe had all their players like Streak, Taibu, Ervine and the Flowers available for selection. It would be a very close encounter.

A great series between 2 minnow teams. Don't underestimate the men from Africa!!

i haven't seen the windies play for ages, how're they going, i think they've got potential on paper but don't live up to it
and does Xavier Marshall still play?

Marshall is long gone.

West Indies should have no problem taking care of the Windies, Zimbabwe's batting looked shakey against Kenya so I can't see anything but a complete and utter thrashing by the Windies. If they bat first, 300+ will be a minimum and if they bowl first they should be chasing 150.

aussie1st said:
West Indies should have no problem taking care of the Windies

hmmmm, I agree ;)

It should be a walkover for the West Indies. I have even put my 56000 vCash on the windies.

What would you say the Windies team will look like? Is Lara going to be opening as they haven't taken Ganga. Morton is another option to open, Lara at 3. That would mean Samuels and Taylor will not play.

Samuels had a very good A tour against England, he could get another chance.

He will no doubt but how would you fit him in for this match with their current 13. They could drop Smith but he deserves a shot to cement himself a spot. It goes to show the batting talent the Windies have really. Ramdin, Bravo and Smith are quite low in the order.

My predicted order
Chris Gayle
Runako Morton
Ramnaresh Sarwan
Brian Lara (capt)
Shivnarine Chanderpaul
Dwayne Bravo
Dwayne Smith
Denesh Ramdin
Ian Bradshaw
Corey Collymore
Fidel Edwards

Marlon Samuels
Jerome Taylor

Brian Lara has said they want to experiment with the side in the lead up to the world cup. Sources close to the team have revealed that Chanderpaul along with Gayle will open the innings.

http://www.guardian.co.tt/sports2.html

I am not sure about the rest of the batting order but I think it will be Morton, Sarwan, Lara, Samuels, Bravo, Ramdin, Bradshaw, Collymore, Edwards. I don't think Dwayne Smith or Jerome Taylor will play.

Thats interesting, could work well as Chanderpaul would complement Gayle well. Bit tough on Ganga though as he didn't nothing wrong during NZ.

Lara looks to be way too low at 5 if that was their WC team. But Morton is in good form so it's hard to drop him.

Users who are viewing this thread