IPL 5th Match: Bangalore Royal Challengers v Chennai Super Kings

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Bangalore Royal Challengers v Chennai Super Kings at Port Elizabeth.

Cricinfo probables

Bangalore Royal Challengers (probable) 1 Jesse Ryder, 2 Robin Uthappa (wk), 3 Ross Taylor, 4 Kevin Pietersen (capt), 5 Rahul Dravid, 6 Virat Kohli, 7 Balachandra Akhil, 8 Praveen Kumar, 9 R Vinay Kumar, 10 Anil Kumble, 11 Dale Steyn.

Chennai Super Kings (probable) 1 Parthiv Patel, 2 Matthew Hayden, 3 Suresh Raina, 4 Andrew Flintoff, 5 MS Dhoni (capt & wk), 6 S Badrinath, 7 Albie Morkel, 8 Joginder Sharma, 9 Manpreet Gony, 10 L Balaji, 11 Muttiah Muralitharan.

Cricinfo preview

stefan

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hoping PE has better pitches than the one on the weekend at Newlands. The Odi's are usually high scoring with sides having chases 300+ here and the ground does have a very inviting straight boundary especially when the wind is blowing in that direction.

Weather reports says its going to be partly cloudy with a 30% chance of rain with a sw wind of 36/39kmph. I don't know the local wind conditions so no idea if that wind direction means rain or not.

Ari

International Cricketer
I'm hoping Bangalore can win this one as well I like there lineup this year. If Ross and Jesse fire the top order looks very strong with KP and Dravid, bowling ain't bad either with Steyn and probably Bracken showing up after the Pakistan series.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Mascheranas won't be opening for Chennai, so Ryder and Taylor might have a chance of getting some runs today :p. If Ryder, Taylor and Pietersen fire, then Bangalore will make a massive total. Gonna be a close match this one.

metallics2006

International Coach
Flintoff to trump KP in today's game. Overseas players that I want to see play today for CSK:

Albie Morkel
Matt Hayden
Andrew Flintoff
Muthiah Muralitharan

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
I want to see Kumble in the challengers, especially after last match even though all he did was a clean up.

Others from the CSK are Albie Morkel, and Hayden!

khalek

Panel of Selectors
I hope this match won't put me into deep sleep just like the first 4 matches. Bring on the flat pitches!!! :D

WarDoGG

School Cricketer
Can anybody from PE give an update about the weather situation ?

Did it rain today ?

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Looking forward to watching this game. I hope Albie Morkel plays, it is insanity that he was ever left out for Jacob Oram and I need some points in one of my fantasy cricket competitions. I am looking forward to seeing Praveen Kumar bowl, a few more strong performances and he could be on that plane to England for the World Twenty20.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
He wasn't left out on purpose. There was a mix up with his kit, he'd have almost certainly have played if his kit turned up. He should play today though hopefully. I was impressed with Praveen Kumar myself in the first game. Seems to be a very useful T20 bowler, decent enough pace, enough movement and managed to keep things fairly tight iirc. Should have kept him in my Fantasy side I think!

Users who are viewing this thread