IPL 37th Match: Chennai Super Kings v Rajasthan Royals

I feel that the bad mouthing from Harwood fired Badri up.... When a Badri fan like me could get so pumped up and fired seeing Harwood mouth those words, wonder how Badri must have felt. But he thrashed RR after that over.

Harwood is deadwood. 35 and over the hill and strictly a mediocre bowler. Wonder what guts he has to go bang bang at such a proven domestic giant like Badri. In the end got owned pure and simple.

2nd pic isnt that bad. the photographer probably had 2-3 sec to take that

Harewood should not have played. They should have stuck with morkel. He did a decent job in the only game and he played and fielded very well.

I agree. May not have taken a wicket, but his figures were impressive and warranted peseverance.

The first shot over the keeper for six was just awesome. :D

Oh god, that shot literally shocked me. Badri was trying to bat like Tendulkar and most of the time, he really did click with that style. The upper hand scoop behind the keeper and the slips, he played it just like Tendulkar and it came off except for one ball which he missed. That six behind the keeper was just breathtaking. Badri needs to be given a chance in the ODI team for sure. But they shouldnt waste him down the order by asking him to come and finish things off or finish the innings with a glory. He is the kind of player who needs time in the middle and when he gets into that flow, he is the wall that the opposition would absolutely fear. Dhoni is a similar sort of guy these days. I want to see both play together for India in the coming years. Would be great to have such solid batsmen who can spank the opposition when needed.

I wanna see him soon in India colors again.

Its really good to see Badri shining. I always believed that he had lots of talents but he was wasted down the order.

Two things which really impresses me about the CSK are,
  1. The captaincy of Dhoni which have no words to describe. Mark my words here, " India is winning 2011 WCup and that would be Sachin's last series! ". :readit I know that I will quote my own post again after a year!
  2. Hayden's merciless hitting. :hpraise Whoever the bowler is, Hayden just shows no mercy! :p

Iam damn this knock of Badri will neither be remembered by the BCCI nor will he be given a chance in the Indian team.
The T20 WC is not far and only the performances in it will be noted and be given chances.
They wont even remember Badri.Mark these words.They are bitter,but this will be happening.

naresh091 added 2 Minutes and 44 Seconds later...

Having enough said about Badri's innings,its time to praise Hayden too.
He was always talking to Badri and constantly giving him advices and suggestions.
He was very much interested in hanging in there and finishing things off more than to go bang bang.That paid off,as the pitch was very much bowler friendly and attacking straight away would be suicidal.Great guy played a great knock.

Ah Barinath played like the little master. Pure quality batting by him. I think those words by Harwood sparked him off. And then there was no end.

In the begining, I though Badri was an idiot. He was completly owned by Warne in his first over. But that was it. After that over, he probabaly outplayed evryone.

Chennai and Delhi are sureshot semi-finalists for me.

Users who are viewing this thread