IPL 9th Match: Chennai Super Kings v Delhi Daredevils

A hundred for AB De Villers. What a star. Forget Phil Hughes, forget JP Duminy, forget Cheteshwar Pujara, forget Ravi Bopara, the future star of the game is AB De Villiers.
The future of what?

Sorry, I just forgot a heap of things and now I can't remember what you're talking about.

We lost an easy win here lol.
Albie was really poor in all departments today.Dropped an easy chance for ABD and was bowling full tosses which were smacked for easy sixes.
Badri disappointed me really.But Delhi's death bowling was bloody tight.
I wasnt dissapointed by Freddie's knock though.I was always expecting him to play this way.
Dhoni too was poor today.Only Balaji and Hayden did their duties correctly.
We have a lot to improve in our next game.I've not still lost my hope of we winning the title.

^^ Come on, you're saying that Hayden can keep, bowl, and bat, all on his own? :laugh

Atleast think, yes I know he might be the best player in there, but getting all so excited about it isn't the right thing my friend!

Hayden is unstoppable right now.But he needs to stay till the very end and the other guys need to play around him.He gets us to a blitzkrieg start and then perishes.If he does that then it will be difficult for any side to defeat us.

naresh091 added 0 Minutes and 32 Seconds later...

Raina has found his rythm today.We need Badri,Dhoni and Albie to do the same.

I followed the match on cricinfo. It was great to follow. Especially since de Villiers and Hayden were hitting the balls everywhere.

For Chennai, I question the balance and team decisions. It is ironic that I should say so when they are led by a pretty solid brains trust of Fleming and Dhoni, but then again, they did manage to get literally within 95% of a win.

Gony and Morkel probably shouldn't have bowled their 4 each, but at least you could argue that they got a couple of good wickets and so there was a sensible risk in there. Regardless of how well he may appear to have bowled, there was no such luck for Flintoff and at no stage proved economical. You can't have a guy go 0/28 in 3 overs and then give him another over, just cut your losses. Not everyone can be the go-to man and on this day it was someone else.

Then you have Murali bowling just 3 overs and Joginder Sharma playing as an apparent seat filler. If Sharma isn't of much use while Flintoff and Morkel are playing then perhaps they could bring in Sivaramakrishnan. Then the side has not just 4 pace options, but 2 slow ones (3 if you reckon Raina could stand to bowl more) and also substantially stronger batting.

These are minor issues and easily picked at, but it was such a close game in a sport of many close games. Had Murali bowled 4 and Flintoff been excused of his catastrophic final over, that alone may have been all that was required to facilitate a win.

Disappointing to lose though we came close... Our batting is totally relying on Hayden which is not good (Hayden has started getting the lost respect from me which was mostly due to his over-fanatic fan:p). We might have to think of bringing back Oram in place of Flintoff (who has been less than impressive this tournament). They can as well drop Badrinath instead of playing him at No.7 (he is useless so low down when he is a technically correct player rather than being a big hitter)

Hope CSK bounce back soon. But they have lost to both the pre-tournament favorites (Delhi and Mumbai). I guess CSK might not reach the final if they play like this.

Hayden is offering the other team chances and you could feel he was going to get out soon after his 50 as he did. Compared to De Villers knock, after he got dropped he didn't look like he was going to get out. Pretty poor batting after he got out though, the stars in the CSK needed to stand up but they all failed.

Users who are viewing this thread