IPL 5th Match: Bangalore Royal Challengers v Chennai Super Kings

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Murali is doing his magic here. What a ball to Uthappa! RCB are now reeling at 50/5... CSK IS BACK!!

Got to see if the bat hit the ball in KP's case. Because if not, he was dead plumb.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
how big was that stumping by Dhoni.

75779-158933-flash_super.jpg

Precambrian

International Cricketer
I like KP. But he has committed alteast three blunders in this match, which has cost RCB dearly.

1. Inclusion of out of form Taylor ahead of Ryder
2. Opening batting with P Kumar (disaster)
3. Sending in Dravid, easily the best player in the side on form, and on a pitch which requires judicious strokeplay, at No.7. FFS he topscored last time, and he might be offended to be asked to go in at No.7.

apesnani

Club Cricketer
ok not to start a big debate, I have always supported Murli, but wow now even I must say, it has gotten bad

half his balls especially the doosra is chucking beyoud belief. wow!

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Agree with the first 2, but Dravid came in at 6, not 7. You're not trying to suggest that Dravid should have come in ahead of power hitters like Taylor and Pietersen are you? I doubt he'll be offended at being asked to bat 6 either, he's a professional, and he's not an arrogant prat, so wouldn't be affected by batting slightly down the order.

King Pietersen added 1 Minutes and 17 Seconds later...

Apensnani. As has been mentioned many times in the past, Murali's action is an optical illusion. A 2D image gives the illusion of elbow flexion, but the rotation comes from the shoulder and wrist. He's bowled with a brace on his arm, and was able to go through his whole repetoire of deliveries with ease. He does not chuck.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Agree with the first 2, but Dravid came in at 6, not 7. You're not trying to suggest that Dravid should have come in ahead of power hitters like Taylor and Pietersen are you? I doubt he'll be offended at being asked to bat 6 either, he's a professional, and he's not an arrogant prat, so wouldn't be affected by batting slightly down the order.

But where is Dravid more useful/ Coming in at 3 or slogging at the end of a innings. Dravid should bat no lower than #4 in any one day match, having Dravid come in at #3, taylor at #4 and KP at 5 would have been much better. Or switch around Taylor and KP.

Precambrian

International Cricketer

Apensnani. As has been mentioned many times in the past, Murali's action is an optical illusion. A 2D image gives the illusion of elbow flexion, but the rotation comes from the shoulder and wrist. He's bowled with a brace on his arm, and was able to go through his whole repetoire of deliveries with ease. He does not chuck.
He should have considering he can stay at one end, while the other power hitters go berserk. and on form, Dravid > Taylor anyways. Perhaps KP as well?

apesnani

Club Cricketer

Like I said I have always supported him, but its one thing doing something in the tests and one thing on the field

I mean I dont know, if u pick up the tennis ball and throw it with the same motion you, using ur fingers, you can spin the ball both ways.

What I saw today was Murli doing exactly that, one one off spinner he literally stopped and straight up threw the ball.

Like I said I have always supported him, but I felt ashamed today for supporting him all these years.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Taufel's a knob. It looked out, but we wanted to see KP vs Freddie. Bangalore lose. Told ya.

Genuine lol at the reaction from Ronnie Irani.

manee added 1 Minutes and 45 Seconds later...

ok not to start a big debate, I have always supported Murli, but wow now even I must say, it has gotten bad

half his balls especially the doosra is chucking beyoud belief. wow!

Like I said I have always supported him, but its one thing doing something in the tests and one thing on the field

I mean I dont know, if u pick up the tennis ball and throw it with the same motion you, using ur fingers, you can spin the ball both ways.

What I saw today was Murli doing exactly that, one one off spinner he literally stopped and straight up threw the ball.

Like I said I have always supported him, but I felt ashamed today for supporting him all these years.

I have had a lot of experience researching Muralitharan's action and the conclusion is that no one knows. It could be an optical illusion, he has passed tests in which he bowls the doosra and conventional off break at normal speed and accuracy but until we see the action used in the tests, there will always be doubt. He could be able to turn it on for the tests, we simply cannot know.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Haha yeh, he certainly didn't think it was out did he.

Manee, do you really think there's a chance that Muralitharan has such control of his body and his movements that he can bowl with the same action in a Test of his action but control the amount of straightening? Seems incredibly unlikely to me

CoolzEng45

Club Cricketer
72 -7 now ... look like royal challenger bangalore will be lose until dravid inning special something

Pranav

ICC Board Member
Now Kohli and Bishnoi gone. Bangalore is in great trouble. Kevin's captiancy is in talks. He captianed really well in the last match but now he has been acting stupid today.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Haha yeh, he certainly didn't think it was out did he.

Angry that one of the two people that would make him care about the match got out quickly, imo.

Manee, do you really think there's a chance that Muralitharan has such control of his body and his movements that he can bowl with the same action in a Test of his action but control the amount of straightening? Seems incredibly unlikely to me

I simply don't know, that is the truth. I cannot understand bowling with a bent arm because I bowl with my left arm and throw with my right - so I may not be the best qualified to speak on the subject.

Users who are viewing this thread