IPL 9th Match: Chennai Super Kings v Delhi Daredevils

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Chennai Super Kings v Delhi Daredevils at Durban

Cricinfo probables

Delhi: (probable) 1 Virender Sehwag (capt), 2 David Warner, 3 Gautam Gambhir, 4 AB de Villiers, 5 Manoj Tiwary, 6 Dinesh Karthik (wk), 7 Daniel Vettori, 9 Yo Mahesh, 10 Avishkar Salvi, 10 Pradeep Sangwan, 11 Glenn McGrath.

Chennai: (probable) 1 Matthew Hayden, 2 Parthiv Patel, 3 Suresh Raina, 4 MS Dhoni (capt/wk), 5 Andrew Flintoff, 6 Albie Morkel, 7 S Badrinath, 8 Joginder Sharma, 9 L Balaji, 10 Manpreet Gony, 11 Muttiah Muralitharan.

Cricinfo preview

aussie_ben91

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Glenn McGrath vs Matthew Hayden. :D

Last time these two faced, Hayden hit McGrath for a boundary and then gave McGrath a hip-n-shoulder for his troubles!

naresh091

International Cricketer
I want us to play Albie higher up the order in place of Freddie.Why waste a talent when he can smack double the runs as Freddie scores in the same amount of balls?
Let Freddie be used for slogging in the last five overs.
Play AK in place of Joginder.
However Im damn sure,they wont do any change to the winning lineup.
We are definitely gonna win this one with Haydos in top form.When he gets out Albie,Raina and Dhoni can build on it.CSK Ftw! Mind it!

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
I hope Warner is picked so I have a reason to watch both inns :)
On Morkel batting position they seem to like having him come in with 5 overs and then smacking it all over the place.

naresh091

International Cricketer
But he is not even getting an over to bat.But hes played only one match though.We still have a lot to see before talking about it.But on the whole winning matters.And we have started doing it.Hopefully we'll continue winning.

naresh091

International Cricketer
I will not be upset even if Sehwag gets a ton here.But I dont want a rain interrupted game today.What does the weather report say?

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
Ridiculous if McGrath doesn't play. Should be good to see McGrath vs Hayden if he does play. Let's hope the former wins. :D

King Cricket

International Coach
I hope Warner is picked so I have a reason to watch both inns

Picking Warner will mean breaking the world's most successful opening pair ATM. Warner is unlucky, very unlucky. He is just in the wrong team. Had he played for any other IPL team, then they would have picked him in each and every match. It is just that Delhi already has the world's most successful opening pair right now - that is why they are not picking Warner.

And this match has everything in it to be a great contest. It's tough to pick a favourite between these two teams, as they are both equally poised. Still I'll say it's Delhi who has the edge, purely because of Veeru and McGrath.

stefan

International Coach
I will not be upset even if Sehwag gets a ton here.But I dont want a rain interrupted game today.What does the weather report say?

Weather for this game should be fine. 27 degrees with clear skies predicted.

Second game at 16:30 at cape town is an issue they are saying 60% chance of thunderstorms.

Arunava

Club Captain
finaaly my team will be playing. .its been sometime now, just seen 5-6 overs of batting so far. .want to see more . .go delhi go :happy

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Picking Warner will mean breaking the world's most successful opening pair ATM. Warner is unlucky, very unlucky. He is just in the wrong team. Had he played for any other IPL team, then they would have picked him in each and every match. It is just that Delhi already has the world's most successful opening pair right now - that is why they are not picking Warner.

I don't agree with that. India move Gambhir to 3 when Sachin's playing ODi cricket, so why can't Delhi do it? Warner's a far more destructive player than Gambhir. I like Gambhir, but I'd take Warner and Sehwag ahead of Sehwag and Gambhir in T20 cricket anyday. It's not like Gambhir would have to be dropped either, he can come in at first drop. Strengthens the batting if anything.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Nah, I don't think Delhi's team is looking that strong tbh. Warner should have been picked ahead of Dilshan, with Gambhir moving down to 3 and Warner opening with Sehwag. Can see CSK winning this one. Murali, Morkel, Flintoff, Hayden, Dhoni and Raina, they've got a superb side. Can see them winning the tournament.

Users who are viewing this thread