Super 8: 22nd Match England v West Indies

If you were a Windies fan, would you feel happy if the team did well in Twenty20 and continued to suffer in the more "harder" forms? I still think they have a lot to do, irrespective of what happens in this tournament.

I'm glad West Indies won. But even so, I have to admit, I really doubt they would have won if D/L didn't come into play. I feel it helped them a LOT. But anyway.

You English fans should be happy your team got this far. They overachieved in my opinion anyway.

It's a bit of a catch22 for us Indian fans as sohum mentioned in the thread he closed. Whatever we do, you'll laugh, sitting up there in the clouds and all. So why bother, right?

Admittedly, some of the Indian fans aren't the best either but by acting like some of you have done, it makes you no different from them. How is imitation a "lesson", as skater puts it? Plus, the UV crap annoys me as well but you do know that now that they are 100% sure it annoys the hell out of you, they'll do it even more. Every time he does well, or every time he lines up to bat. I'm not sure who it was, but one of them made a Yuvraj signature in the graphics forum saying it's for his "English friends", just to piss you off more, I suppose. Why throw the same crap back and forth?

You can go ahead and say that the past 2 posts are proof that we're always thinking about India and that's proof that we are such arrogant fans...

When we do this for two years solid, feel free to moan then. Until then, just sit back and enjoy

It took you over an hour to do that, WestIndian? To quote me out of context? Allow me to do exactly the same thing.

Well if we are crap and pack England, I wonder what that makes them :confused::what, sour grapes, :D:D, don't go crying wolf, because we were the better team, you have been running your mouth for the last 24 hours on west Indies, now go take a nap till the Ashes commence!!!:banana2:banana2

That's a bit harsh. West Indies are a very good side.

Unless you can come up with some proper quotes, give it up. Thanks for playing, though.

Well if we are crap and pack England, I wonder what that makes them :confused::what, sour grapes, :D:D, don't go crying wolf, because we were the better team, you have been running your mouth for the last 24 hours on west Indies, now go take a nap till the Ashes commence!!!:banana2:banana2

Be fair mate, you didn't 'pack' us; it was a very close, hard fought and extremely enjoyable game. I don't agree that you were the better team; more accurately, we were too cautious to go after your bowling attack and you have to admit that you were a tiny bit worried after the first five or six overs of your reply?

I think it's a bit daft to call the Windies crap; any team with players like Gayle, Ramdin, Sarwan and Bravo can hardly fall into that category.

You are putting India in bad light, I hope you understand. Even worse, its making others generalise the others based on you. Hope you are proud of that.:noway

TBF, people like me, Matt, Ollie, Joe, Will etc know that most of you are decent guys, it is just the minority who acted like berks these past two years.

Do I have to go back down this thread and pull out quotes??

Um...you said you would do that for me, lurked for over an hour and then failed miserably and then you're promising to do it again?

i really wanna know which team did Indians support today... WI and ENG both kicked you out, which team you wanted to see go through to the Semis? (not counting the fact that, West Indians are also Indians, and you have love for them). while i was watching the game, i heard a lot of Pak fans going "WI Zindabad, WI Zindabad"

take a wild guess.... its not that hard :rolleyes:..you dont even have to know the word...read the rest of the sentence

"eng fans gone __?__ after this match"

Well, in my opinion, England rubberdingdonged while the West Indies weedwackered. In order for reach-around England, we have to freeze a lamp if we will beat the likes of Australia.

Dissect that.

If you were a Windies fan, would you feel happy if the team did well in Twenty20 and continued to suffer in the more "harder" forms? I still think they have a lot to do, irrespective of what happens in this tournament.

Man get serious, this is what it is, Twenty20, you can think what you want till "kingdom come" it makes no difference, why the hell would you try to take the shine off our win by comparing Twenty20 to any other format of cricket??

WestIndian added 1 Minutes and 16 Seconds later...

I for one dont believe West Indies is the better side. They were better in nine overs of cricket today.

Had it been the full 20 overs, it would still be the same a victory for West Indies!!!!

Man get serious, this is what it is, Twenty20, you can think what you want till "kingdom come" it makes no difference, why the hell would you try to take the shine off our win by comparing Twenty20 to any other format of cricket??
Are you suffering from some sort of paranoia or something? I've never seen someone make an argument out of nothing like you can.

TBF, people like me, Matt, Ollie, Joe, Will etc know that most of you are decent guys, it is just the minority who acted like berks these past two years.

I need to come clean here actually. In Cricket I have always favoured England, even over India. I do not hate the Indian team, but I do hate the BCCI from the very beginning, which is probably why I have never been comfortable with them. It might not be a right reason, but thats how it is.

Besides its sport, and not world war. I support the team I like.

I for one dont believe West Indies is the better side. They were better in nine overs of cricket today.

That's what T20 is. Who's better on the day.

Both sides suck as far as i'm concerned :P Hahahahaha.

Users who are viewing this thread