Flintoff rejects England contract

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'm pretty sure most cricket boards don't like the BCCI, it wouldn't just be England.

As for Modi, why did he have to come out and name McCullum. Talkback will be buzzing with calls for the blackcaps to get rid of him now.

Well, I dont think CSA & CA have problems with the BCCI. They are our partners in the CLT20. SLC & BCB are our brothers. NZ and BCCI have a great diplomatic relationship & I'm sure NZ jumped with delight when a team of theirs was sanctioned to be a part of the CLT20. PCB are just having some bad days and at the end of the day, we are all one. WICB cannot be counted as they don't even respect their own players, forget the ICC which has been pleading them to sort their issues out. I don't see anyone except for the ECB (which too has been granted 2 slots in the CLT20) having an issue with us. ;)

rahuldravidfan added 3 Minutes and 6 Seconds later...

As for Modi naming Brendon, look we love the guy. He's an awesome human-being, who wants to financially secure his family. You can't blame him for being tempted to play for the IPL over NZ. If Modi's said it, it must be the truth. Else why would he jeopardize his "business venture" by naming one of the League's SUPERSTAR's? :sarcasm

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Well, I dont think CSA & CA have problems with the BCCI. They are our partners in the CLT20. SLC & BCB are our brothers. NZ and BCCI have a great diplomatic relationship & I'm sure NZ jumped with delight when a team of theirs was sanctioned to be a part of the CLT20. PCB are just having some bad days and at the end of the day, we are all one. WICB cannot be counted as they don't even respect their own players, forget the ICC which has been pleading them to sort their issues out. I don't see anyone except for the ECB (which too has been granted 2 slots in the CLT20) having an issue with us. ;)

Would you not want to play in a tournament worth millions of dollars? Just because they're playing in it doesn't mean they're best mates. But in saying that I have no idea how each board get's on with one another so I don't see the point in me discussing this.

Howsie added 1 Minutes and 40 Seconds later...

rahuldravidfan added 3 Minutes and 6 Seconds later...

As for Modi naming Brendon, look we love the guy. He's an awesome human-being, who wants to financially secure his family. You can't blame him for being tempted to play for the IPL over NZ. If Modi's said it, it must be the truth. Else why would he jeopardize his "business venture" by naming one of the League's SUPERSTAR's? :sarcasm

Except for the fact our cricket CEO has come out and said this isn't true. I'll take the word of Justin Vaughan over Lalit Modi thankyou very much.

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
Would you not want to play in a tournament worth millions of dollars? Just because they're playing in it doesn't mean they're best mates. But in saying that I have no idea how each board get's on with one another so I don't see the point in me discussing this.

Well, you need to decide what you wanna do. On one hand you talk about it on Pages 2,3,4 and on the other hand, you say, "I don't see the point in me discussing this".

Make up your mind, buddy :sarcasm

Howsie added 1 Minutes and 40 Seconds later...
Except for the fact our cricket CEO has come out and said this isn't true. I'll take the word of Justin Vaughan over Lalit Modi thankyou very much.

Well, after your players openly asked YOUR board not to force them to choose the IPL over country, you can't blame anyone who sees your CEO's statement as a cover-up, buddy ;) ! (http://www.expressindia.com/latest-...choose-between-country-and-IPL-Vettori/494503)

And its going a bit too off-topic buddy. I try to get it back on topic and you deviate from it. I'd like to know what Justin Vaughan, NZC, Lalit Modi & Brendon McCullum have to do with "Flintoff rejecting his England contract" :help !

So once again, coming back to the topic, I think Graeme Smith has a point here. He is quite justified in saying what he has

Last edited:

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
What is the point of discussing weather each board likes each other, I have no idea and it would be safe to assume you have no idea either.

Oh and I wonder why I'd take Justin Vaughan's statement over Modi's, hmmmmmmmmmmm.

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
What is the point of discussing weather each board likes each other, I have no idea and it would be safe to assume you have no idea either.

Oh and I wonder why I'd take Justin Vaughan's statement over Modi's, hmmmmmmmmmmm.

I just bowled you with a Yorker and set the stumps flying, buddy :p.

I too wonder what Justin Vaughan, NZC, Lalit Modi & Brendon McCullum have to do with "Flintoff rejecting his England contract" :help !

rahuldravidfan added 1 Minutes and 10 Seconds later...

Oh btw, I loved the way you spelt weather :D

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
England shouldn't bend over for him to be intermittently included in ODI selection, that's my point.

Intermittently? He's not going to be swanning round the world and playing in some random domestic competition in place of playing ODi cricket for England. He's made it pretty clear that he still wants to be an England cricketer, and will continue to play for England whenever he's picked. He certainly isn't choosing the IPL ahead of England, he just wants the freedom to be a freelance One Day cricketer without the constraints of an ECB contract. I think it makes sense for him.

I don't think it will lead to others doing the same, there's far more at stake for them, especially the likes of Pietersen. He will not give up his ?200,000 a year ECB contract, car, free physiotherapy and surgeries etc and Test cricket just to play for Bangalore.

Btw, is he still playing FC cricket for the Lancs?

Not FC cricket, but he'll be turning out in One Day cricket for Lancs.

SachBro

School Cricketer
Well, I dont know what was in Freddie's mind when he made this decision. One thing is for sure, England would be weak without him. I don't think they have an allrounder of similar quality with them right now. Flintoff is the only cricketer in world cricket that I have not seen struggling with line or length or being hammered by oppositions in recent times, he has been the most dominent figure in England's bowling dept and no one really goes after him. I have seen bowlers like McGrath and Lee being hammered, treated like sh*t and shown no respect, but it was different with Fred. A man who can bowl yorkers at will, has a great heavy ball and is a real storehouse of energy. No matter, how badly injured or tired he is during a game, he would give more than 100% everytime he bowls. England team would never be the same again. Check out their current oneday performance, without Freddie and KP, they are really struggling. Broad does show some good potential for an all rounder however not in the same league as Freddie at least in terms of bowling :(

Last edited:

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Tim Bresnan is the new Andrew Flintoff, they'll be fine with him.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Honestly, If I were Freddie, I don't think I'd have signed that incremental contract.

He has been a great servant of English cricket for a long time now. But he's decided he doesn't want to play international cricket anymore (for whatever reason). So taking for granted he won't ever be offered a full central contract why bother with the incremental contract. It's not worth much money at all (A fair bit less than even I earn. Although with his Lancashire contract it takes it a way past what I earn). He's better off without it, as long as he is fine with not being able to just turn up and play for England if and when he wants to.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
:facepalm He does want to play for England still, but wants the freedom to go and play in the IPL, without having the ECB giving him limitations on how long he can play, when he has to rest etc etc. He is not giving up his International career by not signing this contract. The ?30k Incremental contract would restrict Flintoff on the amount of money he'd be able to make overseas, so he's rightly turned it down. Think people are really misunderstanding the whole situation here, he hasn't turned his back on England.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
I'm not saying he's turned is back on England, people without ECB contracts play for England all the time. What I am saying, is that he should basically go to the back of the queue now. Obviously he isn't England's future, so if other players are fit and contracted they should be ahead of him in the pecking order. It certainly shouldn't be a case of Freddie decides he is available for a certain tour or tournament and walks straight into the team.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Can you name a bowler in England who's as good in One Day cricket as Flintoff? Flintoff is not going to be turning down England selection in order to go around the world playing domestic cricket, as soon as he does that I think the ECB management will officially call it quits on Flintoff's international career, but as long as he's available for selection he should be in the side as we don't have a bowler as good as him.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
Fred can whip his dick out and slap the queen round her face with it if he likes.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread