Flintoff rejects England contract

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I wished he'd just come out and say I want the big bucks, none of this I want to play abroad for the "greater global experience". He does realise that the IPL is only played in India right?

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Remind me where it was played last year Howsie.....;)

But you're right. Just needs to come out and say he's doing it for the cash. Global experience my arse.

P

pcfan123

$ > everything else

has always been the case, in all sports. Thats why the NBA superstars dont play for USA in the Olympics (except the dream team and redeem team).

At the end of the day, it does not matter, Fred was good, but he is a far cry from being a Botham or an Imran Khan.

Let him go make his millions and let us find a decent all rounder who does not get injured every 10 overs.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Hes only really missing out on an ODI spot and if hes not going to be around come 2011 then England are better off without him. If he wants to play in the WC he'll find his way back to the English.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Lol at people questioning the loyalty of a man who's played on one leg for his country for about 2 years. Nice one lads.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
What is the point of having him around in the limited overs game anyways? We should be using the limited overs as testing grounds and stepping stones for those who want to play Test cricket for England.

And this is why your so gash at ODI cricket.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
5-0 thank you very much.

Oh and:

Sixty-five Ashes series have been played, with Australia winning 31 and England 29. The remaining five series were drawn, with Australia retaining the Ashes four times (1938, 1962–63, 1965–66, 1968) and England retaining it once (1972). Australia have therefore held the Ashes on 35 occasions and England 30. The win-loss ratio in Ashes Tests[34] (up to end of 2009 series) stands at 122 wins for Australia to 97 wins for England, with 86 draws.[35]

So kiss my criminal ass, thug life.

P

pcfan123

There is something ridiculously hilarious about an Australian saying "thug life"

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Haha, big tupac fan. Well at least I'm black, I'm allowed to say it.:spy

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
I refuse to be party to the allegations levelled against Fred. Look, the ECB are a mess. They have serious issues with the BCCI & IPL running the game and instead of trying to sort the matter out amicably, they are trying to use leverage they don't have. By refusing the English players an opportunity to play the complete IPL, the contracts of which will earn the players more than they will playing for a COMPLETE year for England, the ECB is only doing itself harm. Today there is Fred, who has stood up for himself. Tomo there will be more ppl like him who you guys will castigate on the internet.

But no one really wants to lay the blame on ECB for its role in making English cricket the mess it is at the moment !

Reading this might help some of you - Don't hurl brickbats at Flintoff | Opinion | Cricinfo Magazine | Cricinfo.com

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
I refuse to be party to the allegations levelled against Fred. Look, the ECB are a mess. They have serious issues with the BCCI & IPL running the game and instead of trying to sort the matter out amicably, they are trying to use leverage they don't have. By refusing the English players an opportunity to play the complete IPL, the contracts of which will earn the players more than they will playing for a COMPLETE year for England, the ECB is only doing itself harm. Today there is Fred, who has stood up for himself. Tomo there will be more ppl like him who you guys will castigate on the internet.

But no one really wants to lay the blame on ECB for its role in making English cricket the mess it is at the moment !

Reading this might help some of you - Don't hurl brickbats at Flintoff | Opinion | Cricinfo Magazine | Cricinfo.com

As would every other board if that was the case :sarcasm

Users who are viewing this thread