English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Which is why he was right to complain. Unfortunately, we suffered because of a decision that rightly went our way a few weeks back.

I agree here. Correct me, if I am wrong but same referee was at Manchester derby where he gave extra 30 seconds for goal. Now it is all about consistency. If you have given it once, you have to count same for every match. I understand nothing would have happened in extra 30 seconds but still.
Anyway and this is value for money really, most of time you get it at Emirates. I simply loved it, Vermaelen, Fabregas, Persie, Arshawin, they all played their part and even Bendtner was awesome in last 10 minutes. Still defensive errors worries me a little. Blackburn looked highly dangerous from any sort of long ball and Arsenal's defense looked the weakest. Diaby is too unreliable in my opinion.
Anyway I enjoyed the game so much.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
That's the problem - the referees are far too inconsistent.

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 27 Seconds later...

we just go our arse kicked by chelsea. We didn't look like scoring @ all. terrible proformance from the boys. that's our title gone for this year:noway

Mate, you've never even won the Premiership, so how it can be your title is beyond me. If it actually belongs to anyone, it's United's, we've won it more than any other team.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors

This isn't about football referee's completely, but every referee will see things differently, which is rubbish and pissed everyone off but everyone is different. I mean I was playing in a football tournament for school last weekend, not being the biggest football fan I didn't know there was a rule that states; 'the player isn't allowed to call mine without another name afterwards' only to see in the next game an oppostion player do it and it wasn't given.

Fair to say I was fuming in the first place as to how such a petty rule can be in place but then for it not to get picked up in our next game, annoyed me but it just shows the inconsistency of refs!

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 27 Seconds later...

Mate, you've never even won the Premiership, so how it can be your title is beyond me. If it actually belongs to anyone, it's United's, we've won it more than any other team.

The Premiership was basically a change of name. Agreed Liverpool have never won it since it was launched, but they have won the top flight as many times as United. Tomorrow if they decide to start a new league called the English Champions League, and City win the first three seasons, does that mean.........?

And no I do not think Liverpool are quite out of it yet this season but it will be tough no doubt.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
The Premiership was basically a change of name. Agreed Liverpool have never won it since it was launched, but they have won the top flight as many times as United. Tomorrow if they decide to start a new league called the English Champions League, and City win the first three seasons, does that mean.........?

And no I do not think Liverpool are quite out of it yet this season but it will be tough no doubt.

I know it was basically a change of name, but the fact is, Liverpool have never got their hands on that particular trophy. :p

Edit: Has anyone actually forked out for the Ukraine game? Bloody disgrace not showing it on TV! I'm going to listen to it on the radio, not paying ?5 (or however much it's gone up today) for just one game, and a relatively meaningless one at that. I'm a bit torn about today: I want England to win, but England winning helps Croatia out, doesn't it? Damn... :D

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
10.15 tonight highlights on BBC 1.

Enjoy. :D

Well, we lost. Not completely surprised; we've already qualified, so our hearts weren't really in it, whereas they're fighting for their lives. Add to that the fact that we were down to ten men for most of the game as well. Still, we have a chance to take it out on Belarus this Wednesday. Croatia are right in it though, up to their necks!

Sweet, sweet revenge for 2007/2008, only we've effectively knocked them out of the World Cup, not European Championships. I think the equation goes something like Ukraine need only one point from their game against Kazakhstan to take the playoff spot?

Dunno why Rooney was played on the wing again - we already know that's not his best position. Personally, I would've sent the fringe boys out there, like we did against Germany and look what happened there. :)

Last edited:

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Ferdinand had an absolute stinker. He didn't deserve to wear an England shirt last night

Ferdinand is a concern right now, for Utd and England, but I'm sure he'll come good: he's just going through a rough patch right now.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Hasta la vista, Croatia! England's revenge is sweet...

Edit: Is anyone else getting fed up of Gerrard's attitude to England? Whenever a 'non important' England match comes around, he develops some sort of injury and is usually running around like a horse come Liverpool's weekend game. And what's with Carragher? Why has he turned his back on England (I know he's done that for ages, but I think it's disgraceful. It's not as if he's approaching the end of his career, unlike Scholes for example).

I know Rooney didn't play either, but even if he wasn't injured, I think he can be allowed to get away with it once or twice, given the amount of times Gerrard has done it.

Last edited:

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
I don't even know why you brought that up especially when they retired at the same age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread