English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Carragher retiring from international football isn't as bad as Stephen Ireland. He's in his early twenties and yet says he wants to play no part in trying to get his nation to the World Cup. Carragher wouldn't get his chance now anyway. He didn't get it when he was in his prime so why would he get it now?

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
Carragher retiring from international football isn't as bad as Stephen Ireland. He's in his early twenties and yet says he wants to play no part in trying to get his nation to the World Cup. Carragher wouldn't get his chance now anyway. He didn't get it when he was in his prime so why would he get it now?

Have to agree about Ireland, that's shocking. The thing about Carragher is he turned his back on England a long time ago - he was in his prime then.

Krypta

School Cricketer
Have to agree about Ireland, that's shocking. The thing about Carragher is he turned his back on England a long time ago - he was in his prime then.

But he was never among the two best english defenders at any one time, so England was virtually unaffected by his retirement.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
That's nonsense, Carragher used to be one of the best in England. Terry and Ferdinand were better but it's not like they were ridiculously better.

I never really had a problem with his retirement tbh. Bit disapointed that someone like Carra wasn't willing to fight for his place but he wanted to concentrate on playing for his club and you have to respect that really. And besides, Scholes retired at roughly the same age. Why not have a go at him?

Last edited:

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
I know Rooney didn't play either, but even if he wasn't injured, I think he can be allowed to get away with it once or twice, given the amount of times Gerrard has done it.

So you'd defend Rooney if he flunked an international game but you still lambast Gerrard for it? Hypocrisy much?

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
So you'd defend Rooney if he flunked an international game but you still lambast Gerrard for it? Hypocrisy much?

How many times has Rooney done it though? And, he is actually injured: he's going to miss the Bolton game. With Gerrard, he usually misses the England game (as he has done on numerous occasions) and then reappears, fit as a fiddle, at the next Liverpool game. You can't compare Rooney to Gerrard as far as attiude towards England is concerened. No hypocrisy whatsoever. :) :p

Last edited:

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah I know he's injured, but you said you'd let him off if he wasn't injured. It doesn't matter if it'd just be a one-off you're still being hypocritical. You're basically saying "Oh that gerrard's a right nob for skipping games but Our Wayne can do it whenever he likes because he's our Wayne".

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Yeah I know he's injured, but you said you'd let him off if he wasn't injured. It doesn't matter if it'd just be a one-off you're still being hypocritical. You're basically saying "Oh that gerrard's a right nob for skipping games but Our Wayne can do it whenever he likes because he's our Wayne".

Not at all. I'm saying that in my opinion, Rooney won't start doing it all the time the way Gerrard does. It's like comparing someone who comes late to work all the time with one who is late on the odd occasion (which can happen to anyone). And as I said, Rooney is actually injured, but with the amount of times Gerrard has got away with it, I don't think anyone can lambast Rooney if he did it once (which he hasn't anyway, as he is actually injured). Gerrard is nowhere as important to England as he thinks he is, anyway.

Nothing to do with 'our Wayne' at all - the fact is, he wants to play for England whether it's a friendly, a non important qualifier, or a vital game. Gerrard's only interested when it actually means something and that's a fact.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Uhh, Gerrard IS injured. Both he and Torres are out for Liverpool's game this weekend...

Well, that'll be a first then. Most of the time when he gets an injury for a non important England game, he turns up 100% fit for Liverpool's next game. And Torres out as well, eh? I reckon Sunderland will sneak that one then. :D

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
Berbatov is a gaylord. Seriously mate, Rooney's out so you go and see your baby be born. You can have a baby anytime, we'll only be playing Bolton twice this season and we don't want to drop points in 2 games running.

PhilD123

International Coach
:D Touche.

He's available anyway for tomorrow isn't he? Top Red is Berba, playing just before his baby was born, hat trick too.;) Rooney won't mind the excuse of being injured for Moscow though, as thats when his is due as well I think. We're just lucky Owen's fertility is probably affected by his dwarf-like height, so at least we have him.

As for the Carragher thing, it's his decision when he wants to quit international football, if he doesn't want to play for England, you can't force him, he doesn't have a contract with England.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
:D Touche.

He's available anyway for tomorrow isn't he? Top Red is Berba, playing just before his baby was born, hat trick too.;) Rooney won't mind the excuse of being injured for Moscow though, as thats when his is due as well I think. We're just lucky Owen's fertility is probably affected by his dwarf-like height, so at least we have him.

As for the Carragher thing, it's his decision when he wants to quit international football, if he doesn't want to play for England, you can't force him, he doesn't have a contract with England.

Rooney out, Berba out - who's going to partner Owen? Macheda? Wellbeck?

Both Gerrard and Torres out for the Sunderland game. Hopefully we can pull through with 3 points

I wouldn't be surprised if you did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread