English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well, like a said in the vB thread. We aren't going to win the title with shocking performances against lowly teams, Eg. Wigan.

I mean, come on, 3-1. We can do better than that. Obi Mikel and Bosingwa were hopeless. Cole was just relying on Cech to do the work once they get past him. Terry was solid though, but he'd hate for those 2 goals in particular to go through. Nothing we could do once Cech got sent off.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
I can't believe Chelsea not only lost to Wigan, but lost so badly! Nice surprise though to see the highlights on MoTD and equally nice to see us go top (first time this season?) albeit by virtue of one goal.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Haha, had to love last night. Sitting on the couch enjoying our 6-1 win whilst checking live scores online and seeing Wigan 3-1 Chelsea :D

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Well the Chelsea game was over after Cech was sent off. But Wigan played well, really well. Should have got one between Essien and Mikel off instead of Malouda. Anyways this result means Liverpool might face a backlash.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Well the Chelsea game was over after Cech was sent off. But Wigan played well, really well. Should have got one between Essien and Mikel off instead of Malouda. Anyways this result means Liverpool might face a backlash.

Nah, you'll probably trip over each other.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Now, come on Sir Alex. We were lucky to get out of that with a point - you're just making yourself look a bit daft complaining about no time being added on for the goal. Sunderland were very good, and we looked very tired - we still could've grabbed all three points in the dying seconds. Our passing was especially woeful. Well played Sunderland; Brucie's doing a great job with them.

Hopefully, these two playing now will draw as well (Chelsea/Liverpool), so no real damage done, but an opportunity to get some clear space between us would've been lost.

sd92

International Coach
Why wasn't Carrick playing - he had his best game for a long while against Wolfsburg? Also, where the feck was Giggs?

JD10

International Cricketer
we just go our arse kicked by chelsea. We didn't look like scoring @ all. terrible proformance from the boys. that's our title gone for this year:noway

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
There was no celebration. How much more time do you want? Anyway, Vermaelen is a God.

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
Foster had another bad game, not looking good for him. We gave the ball away way too much. It was a poor performance and we didn't deserve the point. We have to do much better. A lucky draw at home to Sunderland is not good enough.

Last edited:

sd92

International Coach
Since when has a draw resulted in 3 points?

PhilD123

International Coach
There was no celebration. How much more time do you want?
I suppose there wasn't long, but at a guess I'd say there was 30 seconds in between it going in and starting again. Only played 4 minutes and 2 seconds. Wouldn't have probably made much difference in the end, but I think refs will want to make it obvious we're not getting an advantage.

No need to panic from yesterday, results like that happen in any season.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Why wasn't Carrick playing - he had his best game for a long while against Wolfsburg? Also, where the feck was Giggs?

That's just what I was thinking.

Foster had another bad game, not looking good for him. We gave the ball away way too much. It was a poor performance and we didn't deserve the 3 points. We have to do much better. A lucky draw at home to Sunderland is not good enough.

We need Van der Sar back ASAP - Foster's making too many mistakes and the defence isn't feeling secure as a result.

I suppose there wasn't long, but at a guess I'd say there was 30 seconds in between it going in and starting again. Only played 4 minutes and 2 seconds. Wouldn't have probably made much difference in the end, but I think refs will want to make it obvious we're not getting an advantage.

No need to panic from yesterday, results like that happen in any season.

True enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread