With cricketers quitting international cricket for IPL, should IPL be finally granted a window?

Should IPL be granted a window?

• Yes. All the players want it

Votes: 18 46.2%
  • No. Its just another "domestic" tournament

Votes: 21 53.8%

• Total voters

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
NO.

Why deny the majority of the world's international cricketers and cricket boards the right to make money during that period while they sit around waiting for a handful of players to make millions?

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
Buddy, IPL, the BCCI, Lalit Modi and the franchises have NEVER asked for a window. Players and cricket administrators are. Some National boards are.

I'm sure Modi and co wouldn't mind a window though. It would put ALL the cricket's media onto IPL duty and Modi would smile smugly even more.

No I don't. I'm just getting sick of you making things up about the IPL, you talk it up so much it isn't funny. So far on this forum you have said the following things:

-Without the IPL Australia would not have found Shaun Marsh and David Warner.
-Shane Watson would not have gotten back into the Australian team without playing in the IPL.
-You claimed the reason for the West Indies turmoil is because their player's aren't allowed to play in the IPL.
-Without the IPL Fidel Edwards would not have improved as much as he has over the last 18-24 months.

And that's just a few of them. I don't look to shoot down the IPL, I look to shoot down claims like these.

Nitpick. David Warner launched his career in Australia'a Big Bash for NSW and with a swashbuckling 89 in a T20 for Australia before he'd played a game (maybe even signed) for Delhi.

I still say that until they allow more international players to actually play in the XI they shouldn't get an international window. You're talking about closing down ALL international cricket so that 8 x 4 international players can get a run. It's not good enough otherwise to close down international cricket so we can watch a team full of Indians run around...

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
NO,never this is a domestic tournament and must not granted a window in ICC.
It's the obligation of all the players to give first priority to their national team,even they must have to give priority to their domestic team.
I don't think any professional player earn less then its need so why to leave your national team for just two month fun this is sorry to say unprofessional.
IPL has done nothing as far as we talk about finding new stars,its still the domestic tournament of their own countries which finds new promising stars.
A player must have to think that it's only due to their domestic team and national team that they have got fame due to which now they are part of this IPL or what ever leagues if other countries will start.

mdoggie

Club Cricketer
Buddy, IPL, the BCCI, Lalit Modi and the franchises have NEVER asked for a window. Players and cricket administrators are. Some National boards are.

And is it a bad thing if India has money and splashes it out to bring the best players in the world to play a "domestic" league? I don't think so.

As for the players from the youth academy, I'm sure everyone aims for an IPL contract these days. Be it a 16yr old at the start of his career in the remotest part of Bangladesh or a 38yr old staring at the end of his career.

Give IPL a window and get done with this

I know Modi hasn't directly asked for a window but plenty of fans have asked for one like you, almost all of them Indian. No other group have asked for a window for the KFC Bash or the Standard Bank Pro 20.

India can splash around as much money as it likes as long as it doesn't destroy the importants parts of cricket, mainly test cricket. No serious cricket fan wants to see an Ashes with only half of the best players of Australia or England play because they prefer to earn more money playing IPL.

Why should the IPL get a window, what makes it deserve a window. Why would anyone want a break where there is not test cricket after all that is the true test and most players value a test cap higher than that of a IPL contract. No player dreams of playing IPL, they dream of representing there country in a world cup or an ODI or a test match or even a T20 match.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Thanks buddy. Even they know I'm talking sense. Its a different thing they don't have balls to admit it :)

Third-party-facepalm.jpg

Talking sense?

Almost every link or claim you posted on how the IPL makes players better failed.

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
I've noted one thing about you and most of your buddies here. All of them have a bit of a go at other people unprovoked but believe its all fine.... The moment the person you had a go at hits back, it becomes a prestige issue for you and you guys lose it. Keep reading thorough this thread for examples :sarcasm

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
I've noted one thing about you and most of your buddies here. All of them have a bit of a go at other people unprovoked but believe its all fine.... The moment the person you had a go at hits back, it becomes a prestige issue for you and you guys lose it. Keep reading thorough this thread for examples :sarcasm

Iv read every post in this thread and posted on topic. You just cant take that someone doesn't like the IPL and that all your attempts to convince us otherwise didn't work out.

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
Iv read every post in this thread and posted on topic. You just cant take that someone doesn't like the IPL and that all your attempts to convince us otherwise didn't work out.

Us? Talk about yourself and thats all someone can do.

As for you not being convinced otherwise, the point is you just DONT WANNA BE CONVINCED. You wanna be rigid and believe Lalit Modi is Satan, T20 is Evil and Players supporting it are Devils. Thus, no one can help out :)

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Us? Talk about yourself and thats all someone can do.

What?

As for you not being convinced otherwise, the point is you just DONT WANNA BE CONVINCED. You wanna be rigid and believe Lalit Modi is Satan, T20 is Evil and Players supporting it are Devils. Thus, no one can help out :)

1. I have never said such things so don't even try to put words in my mouth.

2. I don't need someone else to tell me whats good or not, I'm a grown man I can do that on my own. I dont need you to convince me on this IPL thing, it on its own has done that for me.

Users who are viewing this thread