Fifa world cup draw

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Aloisi won't play. ffs I cant remember jack ████ about our recent squads. Having a mind blank over the players.
Same. Don't know anything that's happened to the Socceroos since Germany.

Gazza_11 added 0 Minutes and 42 Seconds later...

Same. Don't know anything about the Socceroos players since Germany.

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
Just put Cahill up forward and Schwarzer in goals and we'll be fine;)

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Ghana are one of the better African sides. They are up there with Nigeria, Ivory Coast and Cameroon. They were the first African side to qualify for the World Cup, and I hope you Aussies are ready to lose, because if your side underestimates them like you fans are then that's exactly what will happen.

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
We shoud beat them though, but stranger things has happened. Who knows about our group, we could lose to Ghana and still make it through.

TumTum

International Cricketer
Ghana are one of the better African sides. They are up there with Nigeria, Ivory Coast and Cameroon. They were the first African side to qualify for the World Cup, and I hope you Aussies are ready to lose, because if your side underestimates them like you fans are then that's exactly what will happen.

I don't think the socceroos are listening on this thread ...

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Same. Don't know anything that's happened to the Socceroos since Germany.

Gazza_11 added 0 Minutes and 42 Seconds later...

Same. Don't know anything about the Socceroos players since Germany.

I've watched like most of the recent games in the past few years, but I'm just trying to think of all our subs/back ups and small changes we have been making.

mattfb added 1 Minutes and 27 Seconds later...

It depends what Australia shows up. We have beaten and drawn with Holland in recent times, but lost to other teams like South Korea. I think a draw could be likely. My original post with predictions underestimated Ghana and I changed it a few posts down.

Ah, don't get me wrong, I know South Korea are good. I'm just saying.

mattfb added 1 Minutes and 42 Seconds later...

We shoud beat them though, but stranger things has happened. Who knows about our group, we could lose to Ghana and still make it through.

Mate, we struggled with Oman at home. That team had Cahill, Kewell and our stars etc.

blake

School Cricketer
If only we had England's group. It's bloody ridiculous, they have 3 of the biggest no name nations in the history of soccer.

I think we can beat Ghana, I realise that all the Englishmen love to run their mouths off about how great Ghana and Serbia are, but we got that great 2-2 draw with Croatia who were a far higher ranked team than us at the time to advance. All of you Poms can just keep quoting boring statistics of whatever you want, but it's called fighting spirit and when the country's pride is on the line a lot more goes into the match. Even New Zealand shows spirit.. nobody expected them to make it through, but they beat a far better team and did it. Go for rankings and statistics and matches and whatever you want, but we will fight hard, and whether we make it through or are eliminated, Australia won't be a pushover.

.::Stevo::.

International Coach
I've watched like most of the recent games in the past few years, but I'm just trying to think of all our subs/back ups and small changes we have been making.

Apart from the main team i posted in the previous page. These are some players you've probably seen recently, and most will be subs in the World Cup

Defenders:

Kisnorbo
Williams
Miligan
North
Steffanuto

Midfield:

Strejovski
Valeri
Jedinak
Garcia
Wilkshire

Forwards:
Holman
Mcdonald

Cricketdude

Chairman of Selectors
CDM give me a line-up you reckon we'll go/you want us to go. whatever rolls.

-----------------Schwarzer----------------
Wilkshire/Emerton------Moore----Neill-----Chipperfield

Emerton/Bresciano---Cahill-----Grella------Kewell
-----------------Kennedy-----Mcdonald--------

Mcdonald isn't a target man. He can not cope being a lone striker either. Unfortunatley Varbeek being so cautious he was unwilling to play two up front.

Cricketdude added 4 Minutes and 20 Seconds later...

That replacement goal keeper we had in the Croatia game was so crap :doh

He made one mistake and you are calling him crap? He played champions league for AC Milan, you know that?

Cricketdude added 1 Minutes and 22 Seconds later...

It depends what Australia shows up. We have beaten and drawn with Holland in recent times, but lost to other teams like South Korea. I think a draw could be likely. My original post with predictions underestimated Ghana and I changed it a few posts down.

Ah, don't get me wrong, I know South Korea are good. I'm just saying.
We played with our 2nd team that match, plus it was in Korea.

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
He made one mistake and you are calling him crap? He played champions league for AC Milan, you know that?

Kalac is, was, and always will be a terrible goal keeper. Who cares if he played at AC Milan. Schwarzer was far better.

Cricketdude

Chairman of Selectors
Kalac is, was, and always will be a terrible goal keeper. Who cares if he played at AC Milan. Schwarzer was far better.

He has 54 caps for Australia and use to play in the Eredivisie. How can someone with 54 caps be terrible?

Being behind Schwarzer is nothing to be embarrased about. Does that mean everyone not as good as him is terrible?

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
People will never forgive Kalac for that one missed save. He's done us good too!

ROFL @ his last game, it was 1-0 and he got taken off with three minutes left and Beauchamp headed an own goal past Schwarzer.....

Tragic :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread