Dec 3-7: 2nd Test: Australia v England at the Adelaide Oval

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Ok. If I go to bed about 7pm and get up at 12pm I can watch the entire days cricket and then go to work at 7am...

harrisb

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well, what an interesting conclusion this match has boiled down to. England completely dominated the first few days when Australia really should have made better use of the pitch.

However, it's crucial that England get early wickets tonight, if KP can get one in the rest of his over, and then we can bring Anderson and Broad on to rough'em up (bouncers) before bringing Swann to do the rest. Definitely going to be an intrieging (spelling?) night's play.

P

pcfan123

Ok. If I go to bed about 7pm and get up at 12pm I can watch the entire days cricket and then go to work at 7am...

6pm - 2am here

I would suggest a sick day but arent you on a weeks worth of snowdays anyways

harrisb

International Coach
Yeah, BarmyArmy you've just had another dump of snow today, just get "snowed" in.

Lee1981

International Coach
I really cant believe how bad doherty is, i mean as bad calls go his selection is definately up there in the blunders list.
War was right when he said if your spinner cant keep an end tied down or take wickets then 4 seamers and norths part time spin would have been the way to go.
And then our part timer kp goes and does a blinder, i forgot that kp is capable of ripping a few through, he might be claiming an all rounder spot soon,:D

War

Chairman of Selectors
I really cant believe how bad doherty is, i mean as bad calls go his selection is definately up there in the blunders list.
War was right when he said if your spinner cant keep an end tied down or take wickets then 4 seamers and norths part time spin would have been the way to go.
And then our part timer kp goes and does a blinder, i forgot that kp is capable of ripping a few through, he might be claiming an all rounder spot soon,:D

Yes sir & I can only hope the clueless AUS selectors FINALLY come to this realisation. Its been a horrific 2.5 years since the 2007/08 when MacGill/Hogg retired, to see all these joke spinner (although i rate Krejza) being played by AUS & them not learning from their mistakes.

Also North has to be dropped too, unless he he can save this test for AUS. That is of course if rain doesn't interrupt play as some are saying.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Yes sir & I can only hope the clueless AUS selectors FINALLY come to this realisation. Its been a horrific 2.5 years since the 2007/08 when MacGill/Hogg retired, to see all these joke spinner (although i rate Krejza) being played by AUS & them not learning from their mistakes.

Hauritz can do a job. Very harsh to call him a joke with the record he's got and before you say it yes I do think that holding up an end is acceptable rather than your insistence that he has to take lots of wickets on turners.

Australia don't have the bowling attack to go in with 5 seamers due to repeatedly mentioned reasons such as the seamers fatiguing.

Themer added 0 Minutes and 22 Seconds later...

3:30pm start here .

Midnight here. :(

P

pcfan123

All weather reports ive read sound bad. High winds and rain and even hailstorms, we might not get any play :(

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
The Cricinfo weather forecast of Scattered Thunderstorms all day doesn't sound the greatest to be honest. If we're gonna do this, we may have to be quick about it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread