3rd ODI: Australia v England at Sydney

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
You can't say anything because this pitch itself is green, and it's tough to bat. But really Clarke is struggling.

I agree with the pitch thing, but White didn't look comfortable even today. He got runs on game 1 and 2 but never played with great confidence. He was always uncomfortable.

Owzat

International Coach
England need to get Hussey out and that means putting on a wicket taker and while Collingwood may have picked up a couple of bonus wickets, I think Yardy and anyone else who may have to bowl to make up the overs will have to take a break. There's no way this will go the full 50 overs, 62 needed off 18 overs so England need to bag Hussey and another wicket.

This just reinforces why I don't like Yardy, just not enough of a consistent wicket threat. And wtf is Wright doing back in the side? Fair enough he scored a few runs, but not enough to kill off the game and that means we're a bowler short.

Oh shocker, Yardy bowling still :facepalm Does Strauss not get the need for a wicket and mr 0-fer is not the likeliest to get you one. Makes me want to throttle him when Colly takes one or two wickets and normally gets taken out of the attack after 4-6 overs, Yardy does FA but gets to bowl when the situation requires a wicket. EDIT : as it happens Colly is bowling, but are he and Yardy going to take the wickets England desperately need?!?!!?!? :noway

Here's a clue captain, Yardy's SR in ODIs is 62.25 and this is likely to be his TWELFTH ODI without a wicket in just 22 ODIs and he's never bowled less than four overs. Just keep him on long enough that the finishing line is in sight why don't you, 3-4 runs an over is all they need so unless Yardy becomes a maiden merchant or a wicket-taker, neither really in his locker, then wtf are you doing?!?!?! :mad

WORLD CHAMPIONS

Wreck;ess shot from Smith :mad All was going nice and steady :(

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
This just reinforces why I don't like Yardy, just not enough of a consistent wicket threat. And wtf is Wright doing back in the side? Fair enough he scored a few runs, but not enough to kill off the game and that means we're a bowler short.

Do you guys have another bowler though? Tredwell would be the only one left wouldn't he?

Owzat

International Coach
Bring on a bowler who can take wickets and lo and behold he takes one! Smith wasn't the real threat, but England more or less gifted the aussies 63 runs for that 6th wicket

21st over : AUS 100/5
36th over : AUS 163/6

15 overs at 4rpo with not a lot of wicket threat, Yardy throwing down 5 overs for 22 runs and Collingwood 5 overs for 16 runs. Might seem nice and economic, but it's effectively nothing happening when England need something to happen.

Could be too late, after 36 overs England were 159/6 so it could be close, but then the aussies have more bowling in their locker and Hussey has so many more gears than Trott either has, or chose to use.

WHY THE FERK IS YARDY STILL BOWLING?!?!?!? We need WICKETS not someone to gift the aussies 2-4 runs an over. 8-0-34-0 is NOT what is required, if we lose with any of the bowlers who have taken a wicket having overs left to be bowled and Yardy is bowled out then I think Strauss should be shot until there is more lead in him than flesh.

:noway:facepalm:noway:facepalm:noway

Owzat

International Coach
Do you guys have another bowler though? Tredwell would be the only one left wouldn't he?

In county cricket, with minimum 11 players per county and 18 counties - I would f in hope so! Might as well play a proper bowler over Yardy since his batting rarely sparks. As for Wright, might as well play a proper batsman.

Who has done better - Yardy or Collingwood? Who is nearly bowled out and who should be? (if either)

And the ploy of bowling mr tightness Yardy has just fallen apart at the seams. The RRR was not increasing and now his figures are just plain nothing as he's plundered for six. That adds up to not a lot, as usual, his ODI bowling average is now 48.44 at 4.56 rpo and an SR of 63.75, while his batting is 16.00 average. Even Bangladesh wouldn't want him, perhaps Scotland and possibly Ireland, but frankly he and Wright make me wonder if they aren't related to the selectors.

Last edited:

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Well played Dussey played a knock like his brother would have. Might be the thing he needs to kick start his International career.

In county cricket, with minimum 11 players per county and 18 counties - I would f in hope so! Might as well play a proper bowler over Yardy since his batting rarely sparks. As for Wright, might as well play a proper bowler.

Actually meant in your current squad.

Who has done better - Yardy or Collingwood? Who is nearly bowled out and who should be? (if either)

Easily Collingwood.

WORLD CHAMPIONS

Dussey is the man :D now Silly Syl, no attacking my Dussey :mad :p

----------

We are now 3-0 up :cheers

Roofrom50

International Coach
Good knock from Dussey, played wonderfully well. I think the role of Smith was really important as well, stayed with Hussey for a long period of time and the partnership they built together was a match winning partnership.

Users who are viewing this thread