Mar 30 - Pakistan v India (Semi-Final 2)

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
There is no doubt that he was clearly lbw. However, I do agree that hawk eye didn't force fielders later to drop catches, so surely more blame goes to the fielders later in the match.

Kabooka

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
How the hell was this decision "Tampered". Who can guarantee that the ball was a arm ball. There is a big difference between a bad decision (even though i uphold this decision that Sachin was not out) and fixed or tampered one. Nevertheless you can cry over spilt milk 4 more times. You can torture yourself and act kiddish as much as you want but the bottom line is that WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS. THE CUP IS OURS & THE NEXT 4 YEARS IS THE PERIOD OF OUR GOLDEN RIEGN AS THE CHAMPS.

Feast your eyes on this

India-World-Cup-Win-Photos-Images-8.jpg

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I don't understand that how, rather why would the hawk-eye be tampered.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
@ BKB
From the action of the delivery I could safely say Ajmal bowled a doosra but I remember ball turning in a little bit. Would it have turned enough to miss the leg stump is another question altogether.

Atharv

Club Cricketer

There is no doubt that he was clearly lbw. However, I do agree that hawk eye didn't force fielders later to drop catches, so surely more blame goes to the fielders later in the match.

@ BKB
From the action of the delivery I could safely say Ajmal bowled a doosra but I remember ball turning in a little bit. Would it have turned enough to miss the leg stump is another question altogether.

I missed that ball. So here is what I did . I downloaded the yotube video and checked out the first few moments frame by frame.
The ball pitched somewhere on the middle and middle leg stump. It was an innocuous off-spinner not a doosra or arm ball . The ball was bowled at an angle and was going down the leg side and the off spin took it further down the leg side. It would have been a ball to be hit for a six if some other player like Gambhir who uses his feet for almost every ball had played that ball .
So how was Tendulkar beaten ? Sachin was beaten by the flight and trajectory of the ball. The ball landed much ahead than Tendulkar seemed to expect . He was getting ready for a flick/on drive as if tha ball was going to land closer to his feet(whic it didn't) and that is the shot he played . If Sachin had used his feet the ball would have been out in the stands.
I am not a huge fan of UDRS. But this time UDRS got it correct. Sachin was not out.
It would be nice if people just move on.

:D

Abhas

Retired Administrator
I don't know much about cricket, and I did not see the ball or the decision till now, but this shows that the ball was either an off-spinner, or a straighter one (though in the video, it does look like spinning towards the leg).

Had the ball been a doosra, it should've been on the other side of the bat. You could argue that sachin could have seen from the bowler's arm that it is a doosra, ad played accordingly, that bring us to the point that the ball spun, infact spinning enough to miss his bat by a few inches.. It could've gone on to miss the stumps.

sach.png

On first reading the argument here, I thought it hit him on the full, and the hawkeye assumed it was an offspinner and turned or something.

I'm not defending Sachin, nor am I against Pakistan, but just clarifying something I noticed. Had it been Harbhajan vs Younus Khan, I would have had the same view.

Last edited:

Atharv

Club Cricketer
I don't know much about cricket, and I did not see the ball or the decision till now, but this shows that the ball was either an off-spinner, or a straighter one (though in the video, it does look like spinning towards the leg).

Had the ball been a doosra, it should've been on the other side of the bat. You could argue that sachin could have seen from the bowler's arm that it is a doosra, ad played accordingly, that bring us to the point that the ball spun, infact spinning enough to miss his bat by a few inches.. It could've gone on to miss the stumps.

sach.png

On first reading the argument here, I thought it hit him on the full, and the hawkeye assumed it was an offspinner and turned or something.

I'm not defending Sachin, nor am I against Pakistan, but just clarifying something I noticed. Had it been Harbhajan vs Younus Khan, I would have had the same view.

:noway It was not a straight ball . It was an off spin, bowled at an angle, pitching on middle and middle leg going down the leg side.

Good work. I was too lazy to cap and upload :D

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One

Varun

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
For me this guy should be hanged till death.

Although it's a fallacious statement, he just professed the same views in public which thousands of people in both the countries have imbibed in their hearts. We can't really hang them all.

Kabooka

International Cricketer
Although it's a fallacious statement, he just professed the same views in public which thousands of people in both the countries have imbibed in their hearts. We can't really hang them all.

We cant hang them & they cant hang us. The best we all can do is to not make any kind of silly or insensitive statements that would sour the relation further.

For a while I thought that he was indeed a peace loving fellow who doesnt want to be dragged into National politics like other petty celebrities, but he aint. He is also one of those cheap publicity seeking vultures out there . Such a statement is no different in effect from the one made by Poonam Pandey . Both these people are PUBLICITY WHORES !

Users who are viewing this thread