1st Test: England v Australia at Nottingham Jul 10-14, 2013

D

Dutch

Only Siddle has bowled really well and it is when he is bowling we decide to play the silly shots!:facepalm

Making a meal of it again lads......

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Much like the first test of the last Ashes, Siddle has run through England in the first innings.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Is it just me who expects Australia will just be bundled out for 100 just to destroy any confidence that the good performance so far might give us a chance of winning the series?

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Is it just me who expects Australia will just be bundled out for 100 just to destroy any confidence that the good performance so far might give us a chance of winning the series?

I just read a tweet from Ian Bishop saying the exact same thing. Australian bowling was wayward apart from that second and third spell from Siddle. If England bowls less wayward, they have good enough bowling attack to restrict Australia to a lower score. Batting is Australia's weakness, not bowling. They are expected to do well in bowling because they still have very good fast bowlers but their batting is dodgy. I still don't understand why Australia did not select Ryan Harris and went with Mitchell Starc? Starc is a brilliant limited overs bowler but he is still not a good test bowler. As Shravi said, it is pretty much the same situation as it was on the first day of the first test in last ashes.

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I still expect England to win by an innings - I mean; if Siddle can get five wickets...

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I know it is only tea on Day 1 but Australia is doing better than I expected. Siddle is on fire, loving his work at the moment!

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator

In these conditions possibly but it's meant to be sunny again tomorrow and the ball probably won't swing.
In some ways Aus have let England get too many with all the loose deliveries.

vaibhavtewatia

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
I'll not agree to any comments regarding Aussies being bundled near a 100 :noway
Pattinson was decent, Siddle really worked hard in his 2nd and third spells, enough I mean, but rather turned out to be terrific as he bowled more! He was instead looking terrible than any other bowler in his first spell. England might well get onto make 270 odd runs.

And this Australian batting side looks way more balanced than the one which played in India, you don't win with so many regular openers on your side.
Pretty much on the even side this first match.

D

Dutch

England worryingly tend to lose wickets in clutches these days......

D

Dutch

Last 4 wickets brought 3 runs.......:facepalm

But the damage is already done by the batsmen who get in then out again. Tame effort after all the hype. One thing though England always tend to start weakly in a series........

----------

For a side that was 178 with 4 down that is once again a very poor effort.

Users who are viewing this thread