1st Test: England v Australia at Nottingham Jul 10-14, 2013

used2bcool

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
From the cricinfo commentary it certainly seems like England were the architects of their own demise - apart from Root and Bell everyone else seems to have thrown away their wickets with little to no application or intent.

How are the pitch and conditions? Where would you put Australia's chances of overhauling this total?

vaibhavtewatia

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
How are the pitch and conditions? Where would you put Australia's chances of overhauling this total?
Not long ago England had a tale which could accumulate 70 odd runs. Time has changed, too soon!

Quite clearly bowling friendly, even after quite a few Aussie bowlers were all over the place at the start, they did well enough to restrict them to 215, just below the par score I would say in the 1st innings. Australia has started decently, IMO pommies have not really posed enough threat. I bet on Australia having a good first innings lead.

Hang on!
With that we have Watson dismissed!
And Cowan too. Wtf :eek:

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yep, there's no room in this English lineup for a guy with a good technique like Compton.

Thank God for the bowling though. Finn showing why he should take the new ball and should never, ever, be replaced by Bresnan.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
That was too good for Clarke. Which is saying something.

Into the tail. ;)

Kaos110

Club Cricketer
wow, didn?t expect england to fight back that hard after their poor batting performance. i?m sure this day will be a wakeup call for both sides.
but anyways, GO ENGLAND!!! :-)

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Shuffling the deck chairs around hasn't changed much and even Clarke at 4 doesn't change the 3 down for not many.

fade0508

School Cricketer
No wickets and just 4 runs in the last 3 overs? What do they think this is? Test Cricket???

Users who are viewing this thread