Champions League T20 2013

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
While I agree with your point, War, I would like to point out that playing with and against international players makes domestic players learn a whole lot and improve their game which helps the players themselves and the ultimately the nation given that it raises the level of sport played by the domestic cricketers but again, for that to happen, you will want the domestic players to get enough chances to play with and against the international stars.

Yes under what i suggest the IPL would still have this - but it would be the best of the domestic players whether young or old - instead of the crap domestic players that tends to populate most IPL teams every season, which essentially makes the quality of the T20 cricket in the IPL below par.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
CSK have looked the dominating team of the competition so far. Hope they reach the final and also break their recent IPL record of faltering in the finals. CSK have the players who step up every time some one else fails, so this is a very well oiled machine that is being run at a highly optimum efficiency.

Samuels

Rally Round The West Indies
WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Otago vs Lions match is in the Super Over. I hope to see Lions win for the way de Kock has played.

EDIT: That six off the last bowl might just hurt Lions. Brilliant bowling by Tanvir neverthless.

Yes under what i suggest the IPL would still have this - but it would be the best of the domestic players whether young or old - instead of the crap domestic players that tends to populate most IPL teams every season, which essentially makes the quality of the T20 cricket in the IPL below par.

Only way to do that is to decrease the number of teams making a more competitive environment and better domestic players getting the nod in the XI but I doubt BCCI will even think of it as doing so will mean lesser income for the board.

Last edited:

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
What a match! :eek: Unbelievable contest between Lions and Otago. :yes

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
The Lions Vs Otago was one of the best T20 matches i have ever seen. Brilliant performance but one had to loose the game. Hats off to the way Tanvir bowled the super over, just brilliant. The last ball was just stepped down and hit by Brendon, the ball wasnt bad as such.

Rajasthan qualify, so we surely will get to see 2* more innings from Rahul Bhai.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Surprising that Cooper hasn't played more T20s and ODIs for the windies already.

----------

Only way to do that is to decrease the number of teams making a more competitive environment and better domestic players getting the nod in the XI but I doubt BCCI will even think of it as doing so will mean lesser income for the board.

Not really you know. They can keep the same amount of IPL teams, the IPL owners just have to shop wisely in the auction. Lets not forget these IPL billionaire owners wasted a lot of money especially on their foreign buys in the auction even though the foreign rules say only 4 can play per game.

A lot of foreign stars a bought for big fee's and sometimes spend an entire season just sitting on the bench. A substandard local would play instead & the foreign player would go home with a big check.

Samuels

Rally Round The West Indies
WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
Surprising that Cooper hasn't played more T20s and ODIs for the windies already.

Exactly! Cooper is one of the most consistent T20 bowler present in the WI. Other man who painfully gets overlooked every time by the selectors is Nikita Miller. You can say there are not many quality batsmen in WI cricket and hence his FC bowling figures but he has got them better by miles compared to other bowlers including Narine.

Not really you know. They can keep the same amount of IPL teams, the IPL owners just have to shop wisely in the auction. Lets not forget these IPL billionaire owners wasted a lot of money especially on their foreign buys in the auction even though the foreign rules say only 4 can play per game.

A lot of foreign stars a bought for big fee's and sometimes spend an entire season just sitting on the bench. A substandard local would play instead & the foreign player would go home with a big check.

The owners of most teams have nothing to do with cricket and one should not expect to have them a deep knowledge about the pool of talented domestic players. I can single out Gayatri who was the co-owner of Hyderabad franchise as the one who used to work in getting good players aboard. MI is another team that can be said that have personnel with good knowledge about domestic cricket (Harbhajan, Ojha, Karthik and Rayudu have played a lot of domestic cricket in the recent past) but other teams are obviously looking to get the big fishes from the overseas.

Last edited:

crazyrahul

Club Cricketer
SRH eliminated after washout :facepalm, god knows why organizers had arranged games at Ahmadabad when its raining like hell over there !

Om the other hand,
Titans were just 6 runs behind on last score as per D/L, now they have 2 pray that csk win agnst t&t by high margin...

I wish if Behradein would not lose wicket at last moment along with Weise, Titans would have gone through the semis. :rolleyes

All the best Titans and Mumbai Indians... Hope Otago & tnt lose their last game :thumbs ... RR & CSK go on, win 4 out of 4 :D

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Rahul Shukla is running in and bowling with some serious pace. The speed meter shows that he is bowling in late 130's but the way the ball is hitting on the bat, it definitely looks like he is bowling much quicker.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Rajasthan get a home semifinal. That boosts their final chances tremendously. But if they will be itching to see who their opponents will be in the semifinal. CSK will play the 2nd semifinal at Delhi if they top Group B. And CSK will top their group if they win their last game vs T&T or if they lose by a margin that does not let T&T leapfrog them in the NRR. With CSK's run rate being +1.143 and T&T's at +0.407, I am pretty sure T&T need a sizeable winning margin to leapfrog CSK. But if T&T lose and lose by a good margin, they won't make it and Titans will make it instead.

Right now, Rajasthan's hopes look pretty positive. Hope CSK win their last game and play the Delhi semifinal. And could potentially set up a final clash with Rajasthan.:yes:)

Users who are viewing this thread