Don Bradman Cricket 14 - World Premiere Discussion

martyn

Banned
Online Cricket Games Owned
There you go Ironage...intelligent posting personified.

----------

There is not a single question in there just baseless sweeping statements full of holes....

I meant his general sceptical tone towards the game is understandable.

I mean it is too good to be true in all aspects given the history of problems in cricket video games.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Independent testing is always more reliable than in house

That is right, you will be getting a independent copy within 53 days to buy and you can test it all by yourself without any disturbance. :thumbs

It's now highly probable that we might not get to play dbc 14 before December ends.
With so much of graphical clutters and many bugs to be fixed. And only a handfull of stadiums after 5yrs of development is a big question mark as to how they may b fast to fix the bugs after release of the game..

Yeah Rumors are, due to those graphical clutters - BA crew is now developing Angry Birds, the Christmas version exclusively aimed at few anti-fans! :rolleyes

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
When dick Fosbury said he was gonna jump backwards people laughed and doubted him, now everybody does it! Bigant have tried to be innovative and changed the way cricket is played on game machines, what happens after release will truly define whether that was right! Proof of the puddings in the eating, but this sure do look like a nice pudding!

smytheysmith

School Cricketer

yes that may be what mattw meant when he said "the game could still suffer from a catastrophic lack of replay value like IC2010 did after a good first impression"

D

Dutch

I meant his general sceptical tone towards the game is understandable.

I mean it is too good to be true in all aspects given the history of problems in cricket video games.

Sceptism is an attitude in life. As is positivism. I too have played all the games. Dont care. I am looking forward to this game.

ironage

School Cricketer
What does it matter to you anyway? I am sure you wont be buying this pile of crap.......
He is not hopeful, he us happy, positive and realistic.

Well it does mautter to me as I m die hard cricket fan and was eagerly waiting for this game...
But I dnt wanna fool myself after watching the videos that this the best game ever.. With so many years of development, expectations were high... Handful of stadiums and graphical clutters will hamper sales a great deal.. It's jus not abt me..
And mind you I m playing game since shane warne cricket 99 was released and I by myself made star sports /espn live logo into the game... So I know what I am speaking!

D

Dutch

Well it does mautter to me as I m die hard cricket fan and was eagerly waiting for this game...
But I dnt wanna fool myself after watching the videos that this the best game ever.. With so many years of development, expectations were high... Handful of stadiums and graphical clutters will hamper sales a great deal.. It's jus not abt me..
And mind you I m playing game since shane warne cricket 99 was released and I by myself made star sports /espn live logo into the game... So I know what I am speaking!

Fine if that is what you have decided is going to be your attitude. Live it. Just let all others live theirs. Just because you are already disappointed doesn't mean we all have to be. You decided to be disappointed. Nobody made you do so. Me? I am really looking forward to it.

Si1927

School Cricketer
Ya he is only Hopeful!

M not at all

In fairness if you look at Big Ant track record, rugby league live compared to rugby league live 2 was a massive improvement.

They also have a very good record for patching any bugs or issues quickly and efficiently.
So yes I am hopeful, very hopeful but I actually have evidence to give me that hope.

smytheysmith

School Cricketer
the apocalypse games video was awesome....it looks polished to me but the point made on this page about being hard to take wickets on easy level is a good one...practice makes perfect maybe...ive also seen a video with 7 runouts on the scorecard....this was a problem in previous cricket games also...but as most have said...for a first up it looks sweet and by paying for it and giving bigant the opportunity to expand, i am sure we will be rewarded..don't forget future releases will surely be on xbox one which opens up a whole new level of possibilities...the pc version will be interesting when we see it also

srk121

International Coach
Has Twistie managed to upload the interview with ross? Does anyone know?

martyn

Banned

I agree with you that what you refer to as graphical clutter has a serious impact on the game.

I think limited graphical quality adversely affects gameplay - hence the "magical edge" which has already become famous. (I've got Matt in my head saying "that went throught the bat". While Ross suggests from behind it was an inside edge!) :lol.

That is not a trivial issue by any meams after 5 years of development.

Is it a fundamental problem with the game engine that can only be hidden and not fixed?

Last edited:

smytheysmith

School Cricketer
although we all bought afl live hoping the next one would be better...by all reports it isnt because ba dont do it anymore...lets hope they dont delegate cricket to someone else in favour of something like say lacrosse:p

----------

is martyn still talking about old build errors

D

Dutch

I agree with you that what you what you refer to as graphical clutter has a serious impact on the game.

I think limited graphical quality adversely affects gameplay - hence the "magical edge" which has already become famous. (I've got Matt in my head saying "that went throught the bat". While Ross suggests from behind it was an inside edge!) :lol.

That is not a trivial issue by any meams after 5 years of development.

Is it a fundamental problem with the game engine that can only be hidden and not fixed?

It is not famous. You are just falling back into your old habits of picking on Anything which will justify your crusade. The repetiveness of your monologue is wearing thin now. We get it. Move on....in which ever way you feel appropriate.

Last edited by a moderator:

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
This thread is just ruined :mad

However in a vague attempt to post something of relevance before it gets drowned in the flood:

we know the bowling speeds when batting are slowed down to give human a chance of hitting fast bowler etc
However what about human bowling to AI. Visually do the deliveries seem faster when you bowl with fast bowler compared to batting against fast bowler?

Users who are viewing this thread