Don Bradman Cricket 14 - World Premiere Discussion

The sound off the bat needs work, agreed. It is better than will have been portrayed in the videos.

There might less stadia than you would have hoped however the stadia are renamed and replaced throughout the career mode.

If you mind me asking what was the reason not to go for more stadiums ?? was not in the plan or budget ??? Only if you are fine to answer may be I can help.

If the keeper misses the ball or if it gently hits the pads/bat from a 150 km/h bowler, will the ball race away for 4 like in real life or will it stop well before the boundary like in AC09 and IC10?

So Ross what's the next move going to be, as ashes 2013 has gone and I don't think they will come back and if they do they will not get near what I have seen over the last 2 days. Ace stuff.:cheers

----------

If the keeper misses the ball or if it gently hits the pads/bat from a 150 km/h bowler, will the ball race away for 4 like in real life or will it stop well before the boundary like in AC09 and IC10?

I want to see the ball hit the batsmen helmet and go for 4, something like this if I was bowling would make me smile for days.:D
PS How about Nut shots Ross, I would love to hear the commentary team go no kids for this young fellow.:rolleyes

After watching all the gameplay videos there's one thing which struck me and maybe Matt, Ross or anyone else who was at the play-session can provide more info... I hardly saw any shots behind the wicket. Shots like glance, tuck off the legs to fine leg, flick off the pads to deep fine/square leg, glide to third man are staple shots in cricket and generally 30-40% of the runs come from behind the wkts area. Yet we hardly saw these shots in the play-session videos. Was it because it's tough to score behind the wkts in the game?

Like this?

DBC14 - YouTube

That too but I was mostly referring to the staple shots in cricket. Whenever a bowler bowls too straight or drifts down the leg side you see the batsmen clip/flick the ball to fine leg or in odis open the face of the bat to run the ball down the 3rd man. Cover drive may look pleasing to the eye but it's those shots you see more often in cricket, especially odis. Ross has mentioned they are in the game so maybe when Matt goes for the exclusive play-test at Big Ant Studio's we may get to see those shots as well.

Taking someone to the races, I'll check in on the phone whenever someone isn't watching :)

Haha. "issue".

Glad I missed most of this thread... Love the bit when the guy was telling everyone how bad the game looks then chastising those who think it IS good because there's not enough "evidence" to make such judgements. Comedy gold.

Seriously can't wait to destroy some of you whinging joyless buggers online when you do buy this "terrible looking" game.

Enjoy the races, Ross. Fastest one is the red one.

Haha. "issue".

Glad I missed most of this thread... Love the bit when the guy was telling everyone how bad the game looks then chastising those who think it IS good because there's not enough "evidence" to make such judgements. Comedy gold.

Seriously can't wait to destroy some of you whinging joyless buggers online when you do buy this "terrible looking" game.

Are you planning to be online on PS3? If yes do let me know your psn id :cheers

Geez BD you're not going to fill the "void" are you?

Geez BD you're not going to fill the "void" are you?

god no. i think i'm on record as being at least 70% positive on the videos ;)

but it is an issue, even my appalling hearing (and it is really bad) noticed the bat sound didn't have a lot of variety. you've admitted it needs work, and then i'm gibed at for saying it's good you're on top of it...? well i ain't letting that slide.

but i'll tell you what, one more thing i really liked in the videos, re-watching them today: the fielders celebrate differently (some two-handed slaps, some one handed etc.). very nice touch, good realism. some good emotion in the celebration.

Can't type much... Just wanted to be sure we didn't head down that slope. Thanks :)

----------

Ps going to drink Flemington dry so it wouldn't have been good, apparently I have a very small filter as it is when I'm sober :)

Haha. "issue".

You don't have enough evidence to support that the red one is fastest...its the one with three legs and a stump...try to prove me wrong and I'll quote specially selected segments of your text and try to make you sound stupid while in actual fact I'll look like a down right martyn muppet.

Users who are viewing this thread