Don Bradman Cricket 14 - World Premiere Discussion

We knew this a long time ago. Variation in action comes from user input.

Hmm not sure about that. What does that even mean? Can't have a McGrath action turn into Malinga action due to user input if you see what I'm saying.

Also I'm pretty sure it was said there are some stock generic actions although not many but there are some. Don't quote me on that. Anywho not really a biggy was just wondering.

What gives you the right to say it has been 'hyped unreasonably' when you haven't even played the game! Wait till we've had the game for a few weeks before you make that call. Not based off a few videos.

Sadly we currently live in a democracy, he'll be first up against the wall when the revolution comes.

In all seriousness, he's right, on just so many occasions I said this would be better than FIFA, cod, all of them... Mostly because of the gtaV like budget we had, you know, that 200 million pounds....

well my 2 cents having seen the videos.

positives:graphics,frame rate,smoothness are top notch.looks like a current gen game(every cricket game till now was way behind its time).don't think the game had a really low budget(if it did then kudos to the team).presentation,ui,atmosphere,stadiums are brilliant as well.looks like bowling and fielding are now more in the users hand and the controls seem to make it interesting.

negatives:batting can have improvements for better replayablility.whether its the bowler,the speed of the ball or just the batting animations i dont know it feels arcadey.fast bowler bowling with a seasoned ball and the batsman playing compact strokes with timing is more close.but feels like even the leg side shots are also hit too far away.only with an aggressive shot modifier only sometimes should a coverdrive be hit like that.

but if there are diff animation for regular ,defensive ,aggressive shots with different effects then the replayability will be good.(going to trust the developers on this and common sense).yes there are going to be diff types of shots(was a little skeptical because we saw only the 1 aggressive cover drive shot through the off)but sure you can play a placed cover drive for a single as well and there are prob most shots as well.

but by a long long way the best cricket game made.the positives over shadow the negatives by a huge margin.and the developers hard work and sincerety is quite clearly visible.definitely want them to make future iterations .

an observation:how come no one played as bradman?

Last edited:
I think the batting will be pretty sweet (at least I hope) once people have actually played it and got the hang of most things. In the videos we've seen guys like Matt basically just pick up the game and start playing, should get a true representation once we all have a good crack at it.

Great interview. Ross really does carries himself well infront of the camera...quite a handsome fella. :p

You're a funny guy Israr, I'm no colonel sanders :)

I haven't seen it yet but I know I was tired...

I thought it was informative. It sounded like in career mode you would get offers from County sides or Shield sides to be called up too. I think this isn't the case. I know I've asked it a thousand times. Starting a career for a state team would still be awesome, obviously better than anything we've got before. Just a thought, would it be possible in the next version to start your career for a national team? You'd need to have some decent stats behind you to do well but it could be a more casual version of career mode, just for those who want to play for their country. Not saying I wouldn't play the full career mode (who wouldn't?) but just for another option.

I also thought the info on Tabletop Cricket was interesting. I think the opportunity to use DBC's created players in TTC is genius. At least we know why it was delayed, which I can completely understand. As a business student, it was interesting to see how BA have used their staff in certain projects (you can tell I've been studying for a management exam...)

You're a funny guy Israr, I'm no colonel sanders :)

I haven't seen it yet but I know I was tired...

Haha.

Thanks for the 2 small bombs you dropped there. Release date clue and the career being set up at any era.

Haha.

Thanks for the 2 small bombs you dropped there. Release date clue and the career being set up at any era.

Yeah. I noticed that too.

Sounded like the announcement could be towards the end of November. To the out of context mobile! haha

Yeah. I noticed that too.

Sounded like the announcement could be towards the end of November. To the out of context mobile! haha

I eagerly wait for people to come here on november 20th and ask why release date hasn't been announced yet as we have reached the end

I eagerly wait for people to come here on november 20th and ask why release date hasn't been announced yet as we have reached the end

Well, the trolls have been out in force lately. I'm sure they'll make a well timed appearance again soon.

That was an excellent interview, liked the way Ross has professionally/transparently provided the info on delay in TT cricket game.

If ever got a chance,requesting Ross to post us somewhere the picture of BA development crew. Was expecting some kind of picture of PC team with BA crew in play session, surprised that it didn't happen. Or not sure, whether Matt still has in his mobile. :p

MattW will get a chance at that soon.

----------

If my posts get garbled then understand that I've been told if I am seen with that thing in my hands again then it's going in the fish tank...,

Users who are viewing this thread