Post your questions about the game here!

Yeah it takes a while to get used to. You have to look at the animations and feel intuitively how the bowler starts his bowling stride in time and release the ball depending on the length you are looking for as the front foot comes down....you can find a marker on the pitch near the bowling crease to aid you.....I can now get it perfect each time by just feeling when it is time to start the last stride.....the problem with the hud is that it distracts from the actual bowler so when you play without the hud it takes time to adjust your focus....

Yeah playing my first test game against Zimbabwe and they managed to get 380ao in the first innings with my pro getting 0/39 from 12 overs. Only managed to get one ball in the full zone and all the rest were just a good length at 60mph instead of my usual 90.

So I pull back when my back foot lands and push forward when my front foot should land?

Yeah playing my first test game against Zimbabwe and they managed to get 380ao in the first innings with my pro getting 0/39 from 12 overs. Only managed to get one ball in the full zone and all the rest were just a good length at 60mph instead of my usual 90.

So I pull back when my back foot lands and push forward when my front foot should land?

For me it is two different focall points....

1. Concentrating on the running of the bowler I time the push back to start the initial bowling proces...Now after this, once the bowling stride has been initiated.....
2. I now focus on the bowling arm and push forward when it is vertical or slightly more forward if I want to vary the length a little......this gives me the maximum momentum..

Watch the animation and feel as if you are looking for that point when you can gain maximum kinetic energy and momentum......it really is a clever game in that regard...if you get everything right you will be bowling consistently fast.....the tricky part is to let it flow rather than snapping things as it were....I just go into a random casual game and bowl a while to try things out and then head off to my career player.....it is very much finding a rhythm...sounds silly to say but I feel they have done this really well...as a fast bowler you really need to have a sense of having a good rhythm and just letting things happen in a good timed flow....

Last edited by a moderator:
For me it is two different focall points....

1. Concentrating on the running of the bowler I time the push back to start the initial bowling proces...Now after this, once the bowling stride has been initiated.....
2. I now focus on the bowling arm and push forward when it is vertical or slightly more forward if I want to vary the length a little......this gives me the maximum momentum..

Watch the animation and feel as if you are looking for that point when you can gain maximum kinetic energy and momentum......it really is a clever game in that regard...if you get everything right you will be bowling consistently fast.....the tricky part is to let it flow rather than snapping things as it were....I just go into a random casual game and bowl a while to try things out and then head off to my career player.....it is very much finding a rhythm...sounds silly to say but I feel they have done this really well...as a fast bowler you really need to have a sense of having a good rhythm and just letting things happen in a good timed flow....

Thanks mate! This has helped a lot! Can already see the difference!

Thanks mate! This has helped a lot! Can already see the difference!

Good stuff. Let us know how you get on! And dont worry about just running through the crease if you are going to bowl a bad ball....crowd boos but nothing else happens to you!!

Now, I can bet and say to the friend sitting beside me that I am gonna loose a wicket in this over after getting hit from the bowler, no matter what I do. And it happens as I say. If there is a mid on/off, he will take a diving catch, or the long on/off will take a running catch even if I play a regular shot (without pressing L2) or the keeper will take regulation catch. if nothing works out I will be bowled by a spinner where I play the same straight drive for the spinner and the ball will go beneath the bat.

I dont think its an AI thing this issue you are talking about. I have had my moments of doubt where I felt like the game was doing something wonky on purpose to even out the difficulty or ease with which I am batting. I still have those moments.

But I don't think I have had this batsmen-definitely-getting-out-after-taking-a-hit situation.

And I get hit A LOT !! Mainly because I always pre-empt the footwork and at times even the shot direction (trying to work the ball in the gaps available). For instance, there is a huge gap on the offside, I will shape up to play a front foot drive or a cut, but the ball is a short of a length inswinger starting from middle stump. I obviously miss the delivery just as I should and usually get hit.

But even after multiple hits due to stubborn-ness if I am sensible about my shot selection I can easily survive and continue on. Never really felt any ramp up in difficulty

And the situations you mention above seem fairly normal and more related to player error than forced acts by the AI :) I have had all of those happen to me, but its because I lost concentration and made some mistake or the other while executing the shot

Next time I started to press the Right Direction button to see the fatigue of the batsman once he gets hit, but there was no difference in fatigue or confidence. Even then he was out in the next ball or two.

So, I hope you can understand I have gone through all the situations here. I am awaiting for the Patch 2 to see whether there is any change made to these sequences.

I'd like to point out two things here:

1) The batsman very definitely loses confidence when hit by the ball.

2) Everyone is subject to the Confirmation Bias. I too had noticed it the things you're talking about - and then I asked in the Q&A thread, and @HBK619 stated that there was no momentum system for confidence.

He didn't specifically state that there was no impact on the next delivery, but I have also noticed that now that I'm not stressing about having been hit by the previous ball, I'm not getting out immediately after.

Last edited:
The idea of no "momentum" system needs to be examined, I'm not sure what HBK meant as there are enough elements in the game that change based on what's happening in a match that the effect is that I would consider that a player/team has momentum. It's just not as in your face as say NBA Jam ("he's on fire!!!").

Last edited:
Ross in patch 2 can we select which grounds to host tournaments and competitions for offline?

Is it just me, or does the bat on ball audio sound the same every time the ball is hit regardless of the shot? That's disappointing: in the nets beta, there seemed more variety with that sound. Seems in the game, there's only an attack shot and a defence shot - what about the difference between a perfectly timed leg glance and a perfectly timed straight drive? That seemed to be there in the nets beta - why didn't it make it into the game?

Also are there any videos without these damn stupid trails?

There idea of no "momentum" system needs to be examined, I'm not sure what HBK meant as there are enough elements in the game that change based on what's happening in a match that the effect is that I would consider that a player/team has momentum. It's just not as in your face as say NBA Jam ("he's on fire!!!").

He was talking specifically about whether missing a shot, or getting hit by the ball, places a malus on the batsman for the next delivery.

It was me that referred to that idea as a momentum system (thinking particularly about things like the NBA Jam stuff, although many other games have had similar systems)

Is it just me, or does the bat on ball audio sound the same every time the ball is hit regardless of the shot?

I've heard a variety of bat noises while playing on the PS3.

Last edited:
To elaborate better on what I stated towards there being no momentum system, as you did state @ellgieff, it was more in response to there being outcomes made up based on what has happened the ball/s before. Effectively something of a 'you're out' ball to which nothing can be done to counter and you're done regardless of what you do.

Decisions aren't made before ball hits bat. There's forms of momentum towards batters and bowlers in that you can build confidence that helps you with regards to timing zones and placements and such. But there is nothing in the game that outwardly changes the results of the match to enact some form of scripting type element. You can definitely get on a roll or be on a stinker, but one ball isn't made harder by the previous delivery.

Run outs?

I'm sorry if this has already been discussed. I'm in career mode and I'm constantly being run out by either going back and the batsman not grounding his bat or just running in general

hey guys. not been on for a while!:lol im thinking of getting a ps4 to replace my ps3 when is donBC likely to be out on next gen consoles??:wave

Users who are viewing this thread