Ashes Cricket General Discussion

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
That reminds me Phil, I tried out 'standard' batting controls the other day on Ashes 17 and you get the shot direction guide on the fielding radar ( if you know what I mean). Do you remember the days in one of the old games where we used to make that as large as reasonably possible to get more direction in the strokes? Good old days :D

Aye, we all moan about latest cricket games but as fun as those days were, not sure I would like to back and play them for any length of time :p

IsaacCricketer

Club Captain
I have seen people have simulation issues on PS4, but on my Xbox, anytime I go to advance to the next event, it crashes as soon as it gets to February 15th which means I can't progress in my career in which I have spent a lot of time on.

Aleontiou

School Cricketer
Hi I'm new to the series and can't wait to play just got the game today, was wondering if there's anyway of getting real player names for all teams or do you just keep it as it is, thanks

hadleefan_2015

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
New Zealand
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
do they update in Ashes Cricket. after playing an causal game? they did not in DB17

Danotorious

School Cricketer
Can anyone tell me wether you can do multi-player online so me and my pal can be on the same team from different ps4's when playing online?

francobaldo1

Fearsome tweak legend...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
innings completed in my Netherland-Scotland match, as Netherlands slips from 345-6 to 357 all out. Never had a scorecard so realistic before i have to say.
Also you can tell the difference with using a strong team and a less good team.
Overall it was as good as a real game.
wicket 8 (this looked similar to the first): www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_2AR-q7nCM
wicket 9: www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JaiIzowwis

last wicket

bl8000

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I know the timing based length is back, but with it still being with 4 length buttons rather than DBC14's 3 buttons my concern is that the "zones" are too small for timing differences to have enough of an impact on length.

Maybe a pitch map showing the minimum and maximum lengths able to be bowled for each of the 4 face buttons used?.

What is cool to me is there are actually 12 lengths. You can hold LB/L1 for shorter than and RB/R1 for longer than for each length.

Nathaus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
What is cool to me is there are actually 12 lengths. You can hold LB/L1 for shorter than and RB/R1 for longer than for each length.
I think his concern is, and I agree, is it too easy to bowl consistent yorkers? Not how many lengths you can bowl, but how reliably you can bowl them. IRL when a bowler tries to bowl yorkers at the death, at least 50% will come out as a full toss or half volley. Similarly a good length delivery can turn in to a short or full length and I'm not sure how this is reflected in the game :)

Looking forward to trying it out (hopefully this weekend!)

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
I do not have a Pitch map at the moment but I can assure you that you cannot land perfect yorkers time and again. This makes bowling in T20s really realistic.

Particularly when paired with the fact that landing perfect yorkers can get you wickets. I have played a handful of matches and picked around 6 wickets or so from perfect yorkers, but at the same time got hit about 30-40 times, erring in length and bowling full tosses.
I do not have a Pitch map at the moment but I can assure you that you cannot land perfect yorkers time and again. This makes bowling in T20s really realistic.

Particularly when paired with the fact that landing perfect yorkers can get you wickets. I have played a handful of matches and picked around 6 wickets or so from perfect yorkers, but at the same time got hit about 30-40 times, erring in length and bowling full tosses.
Can't AI defend to yorkers pitched perfectly. Sometimes AI should play good defence for better deliveries bowled to stump line (realistic ).AI shouldn't gift us the wicket easily quite competitive i think.

Pat

International Coach
Hi I'm new to the series and can't wait to play just got the game today, was wondering if there's anyway of getting real player names for all teams or do you just keep it as it is, thanks

Yes, just get the community made teams through Cricket Academy in the game. Use the details mentioned in the sticky thread to know which team(s) to download.

CDG

School Cricketer
Hi guys, my first post here and made an account simply to ask you guys this question. Do the pitch settings affect the gameplay? So for example does the ball bounce more on a hard pristine wicket, and do the quicks get more of an advantage bowling on greener pitches? Cheers

EnigmaticZee

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
How to get all the correct teams, kits and names from internet on PS4? I tried doing it and it's not showing the correct data

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
innings completed in my Netherland-Scotland match, as Netherlands slips from 345-6 to 357 all out. Never had a scorecard so realistic before i have to say.
Also you can tell the difference with using a strong team and a less good team.
Overall it was as good as a real game.
wicket 8 (this looked similar to the first): www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_2AR-q7nCM
wicket 9: www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JaiIzowwis

last wicket

Spin past the outside edge and bowled... what a great wicket.[DOUBLEPOST=1512028731][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hi guys, my first post here and made an account simply to ask you guys this question. Do the pitch settings affect the gameplay? So for example does the ball bounce more on a hard pristine wicket, and do the quicks get more of an advantage bowling on greener pitches? Cheers

Yes pitches have a marked effect on outcomes. As does whether the ball is new or old.

Users who are viewing this thread