Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Any feedback from pro users?

Just bought a PS4 Pro and quite a few games with it cause of the Black Friday Sale. Got a PS Plus Membership as well. Will be getting Ashes Cricket once I'm done with atleast a couple of these games. If the problem still persists, I'll take a look then and also live stream.

Can someone help me on ps4.
To play the sweep shot (just normal not reverse) is it just L1 + playing a glance ?[DOUBLEPOST=1511877636][/DOUBLEPOST]They keep playing a scoop shot.[DOUBLEPOST=1511877653][/DOUBLEPOST]Classic controls btw

Can someone help me on ps4.
To play the sweep shot (just normal not reverse) is it just L1 + playing a glance ?[DOUBLEPOST=1511877636][/DOUBLEPOST]They keep playing a scoop shot.[DOUBLEPOST=1511877653][/DOUBLEPOST]Classic controls btw

Try pointing RS towards square leg/deep mid-wicket instead of fineleg.

intense session in my Netherland-Scotland game. After getting the new ball anything seems to happen: more than 10 edges (all low/wide),
lbw shouts, ball missing stumps... wickets taken: zero.
Netherlands still 6 wickets down after 99 overs, at the start of day 3.

I'm having great fun bowling, have only ever used classic controls.

Is there no video thread?

@francobaldo1 Hey Franco, are you bowling or batting? What is your opinion on CPU setitngs scores, with your patch in DBC14 I literally had the most amazing games in any cricket game...

Also is there a way to download your old patches for DBC14? (0.04 etc) sorry to go off topic here!

Is there no video thread?

@francobaldo1 Hey Franco, are you bowling or batting? What is your opinion on CPU setitngs scores, with your patch in DBC14 I literally had the most amazing games in any cricket game...

Also is there a way to download your old patches for DBC14? (0.04 etc) sorry to go off topic here!

i'm bowling on pro, i like the results, the AI can get both high and low scores it seems. Definitely a must buy ^^
i reuploaded the old patch in the dbc14 thread.

Has anyone tried doing a career in a non-bowling role, like wicket keeper? I recall reading somewhere that they were going to make gameplay better, or at least more rewarding for the keeper. It is one of the things I am most curious about as I wait for the PC version.

(I know I am probably weird for liking to play as the keeper. IRL I always played similar roles in sports, catcher in baseball, goalie in hockey etc. I just like to be the one in the pads I guess.)

Great just lost all my kits and logo's:facepalm i must admit i am getting slightly annoyed with the rain delays in every match. Hopefully future patches will make this great game even better:thumbs

Been playing the game for a while. I find bowling to be excruciatingly difficult. The AI chases down whatever score I make batting first. Is there any trick to make bowling seems less sucky for me.

I had the same experience initially but found it easier with practice. The key is to not give width to the batsman. For example, pitch out-swingers on middle or middle and leg, and similarly for balls going the other way. Also mix slower deliveries, yorkers and bouncers and use L1/R1 to vary length. Any half volleys are whacked as well.

Also what difficulty are you playing at? I've settled on medium bowling and veteran difficulty and get a good mix of scores - if I bowl well, I can restrict the AI to smaller scores, otherwise they pay you for bad bowling (which is a big improvement over DBC17)

Now if BigAnt fixes the AI singles issue, has better field settings, and smarter end of match play (no blocking the last ball when 4 runs are needed), this game would be close to perfect for offline play

I do find it quite amusing how the outfielders start ten yards in from the rope, walk another ten while the bowler runs up, so they're half way to the circle by the time the batsman hits it. They cut off plenty of singles but it's funny watching them peg it back toward the rope when a batsman hits one to the side of them. I'm sure it'll be fixed but it's good to take amusement in stuff like that. Probably easier to be amused because I've got the Windies 172/8 after 37 overs in an ODI and bowled Pakistan out for 60 yesterday.

AI Fielding settings in ODI.

During the first power play a field is regularly used that basically has all fielders inside the ring. I could understand this at a crunch point in the game (need a couple of runs off the last ball perhaps) but it feels out of place during a power play. What does everyone else think?

At the start of the second power play, I have a batsman on 36 from 27 and they've got a spinner on with two slips and gully. That feels like an overly aggressive field for the situation. It was only one ball and they changed after I'd got a 4.

At least in the context of the game, perhaps not real life, I think some of the fields that are used should make better use of Deep Backward Point & Fly Slip or Backward Point and Third Man, it would decrease the amount of freebies that are currently on offer in the region. There's fields with a Deep Cover Point and Gully one with a Deep Third Man and Point which leave large gaps. There are a couple of fields that do seem to block that area but are perhaps less frequently used. I probably score 75% of my runs between the point and third man regions.

Last edited:
AI Fielding settings in ODI.

During the first power play a field is regularly used that basically has all fielders inside the ring. I could understand this at a crunch point in the game (need a couple of runs off the last ball perhaps) but it feels out of place during a power play. What does everyone else think?

At the start of the second power play, I have a batsman on 36 from 27 and they've got a spinner on with two slips and gully. That feels like an overly aggressive field for the situation. It was only one ball and they changed after I'd got a 4.

At least in the context of the game, perhaps not real life, I think some of the fields that are used should make better use of Deep Backward Point & Fly Slip or Backward Point and Third Man would decrease the amount of freebies that are currently on offer in the region. There's are fields with a Deep Cover Point and Gully one with a Deep Third Man and Point. There are a couple of fields the do seem to block that area but are perhaps less frequently used. I probably score 75% of my runs between the point and third man regions.
It's strange . No cricket game have ever had realistic fields. You kinda think this is some thing easy do

I have suggested fields that can be replaced with the existing presets fields. But not sure if they have been put into current patch.
I hope they do it ASAP. I too hate it having an unrealistic close fielders when a batsman is already set.

Obvious thing is AI should bat well and punish user bowling unless we bowl with good line and length.
If AI bats well, the game would be competitive and interesting then there is a scope to improve and showcase user bowl skills.
In case of DBC17 , User batting has greatly been improved with 360 shots after patch 4 undoubtedly but AI batting has been disturbed for certain deliveries and gives wicket easily without defending at all especially when user bowl in middle and offstump line with yorker length.(for casual , tours and competitions )in all difficulties.
In career AI bats fine and DBC17 career is great to play and enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread