Cricket 19 General Discussion

Im obviously not a game producer but I just have a simple question about this whole argument about the Day 1 patch.

The guy who got the game before release date discovered these obvious bugs eg. faulty run outs, 3rd umpire decision on the scoreboard cropped incorrectly etc, within an hour or two of playing it. Surely the people making the game discovered these in the months they were making/testing the game... Im wondering why didnt they fix them then and then, or at least put it down on a list of things to fix before discs start to be printed.

I agree with the points about day 1 patches making it difficult for a lot of users. If it is a number of gigabytes it might take me days to download this patch, people may only have limited data for download or even have to pay money for additional data.

In my experience day 1 patches for other games have been for extremely minor things, and usually for online multiplayer modes. You dont see big gameplay bugs in games like FIFA or NBA where I dont know, fouls are given out for random reasons which is in the same realm as the dodgy run outs. People will reply to this and say oh but BigAnt arent EA or 2K... I appreciate that and I appreciate therefore the graphics etc wont be up to that standard but surely with whatever product you create, whatever quality it is you wouldve at the very least ironed out the big bugs before printing discs.

If someone who knows more about the process/is backing the day 1 patch so hard can please enlighten us.

Also, I hope my posts don’t get mixed up with the posts lacking confidence in BigAnt. I have been associated with BigAnt (being a customer since don bradman game) long enough to know they go all out in getting the best game available to us and then support it like crazy throughout its life cycle, so I do not lack any confidence in BigAnt to deliver.

My main worry is the messaging that might be getting across to the potential buyers due to the issues being highlighted by the ‘few’ people who bought the game before the release date, without any counter message going out from BigAnt.

Yes there is a huge possibility that once the game is officially released and the patches are available, that there would be loads of videos that will then overcome the negative messaging, but I come from a point of view where I feel if something can be controlled by being proactive then why not control it when you have the chance.

If someone has stumbled into a store with no knowledge that the game is out or that it is being sold before the release date, then maybe I'd feel bad.

There are high probability of this scenario since there was not much marketing of the game and it’s features and improvements

It will be great if we can have a gameplay speed slider which can fast forward the game by up to 1.5x times , because most of us crank up the pace sliders in order to enjoy realistic bowling speed but as a result the spinners look too slow and its a nightmare getting the timing right after facing such a quick fast bowling. options to increase the gameplay speed let say by 30% will fix these issues of ours.

Also, I hope my posts don’t get mixed up with the posts lacking confidence in BigAnt. I have been associated with BigAnt (being a customer since don bradman game) long enough to know they go all out in getting the best game available to us and then support it like crazy throughout its life cycle, so I do not lack any confidence in BigAnt to deliver.

My main worry is the messaging that might be getting across to the potential buyers due to the issues being highlighted by the ‘few’ people who bought the game before the release date, without any counter message going out from BigAnt.

Yes there is a huge possibility that once the game is officially released and the patches are available, that there would be loads of videos that will then overcome the negative messaging, but I come from a point of view where I feel if something can be controlled by being proactive then why not control it when you have the chance.

Same here, my posts are not negative or showing lack of trust to Big Ant in anyway what so ever, I also own physical copies from DBC14 to Ashes Cricket and amongst the first to pre-order, I know they support their games through and through, I was merely pointing out a concern, and didn't expect to be shut down like I'm some newbie in this forum, but raising concerns which an ordinary man on the street would have, and how complaints posted on youtube can and will affect(putting off some potential), check facebook pages of Big Ant Studios and see how people who are not on this forum(lack knowledge) ridicule and put off would be buyers without the admin of that page clarifying matters on those comments

In my experience, being a beta tester in the past, Day 1 patch is not even the first patch. Sometimes its 1.08 or above. Reviewers get copies that have been patched to an extent and its patched further as time goes by. They physical copy is what is printed before testing even takes place by some. Thats the whole point of play test sessions.

Anyone in the UK got experience ordering from The Game Collection? How are they for delivering on time? My order with them is currently listed as ‘awaiting stock/release’ which isn’t exactly helpful

Just got an email from The Game Collection and they will be dispatching the game tomorrow. So hopefully we should have the game on Saturday.

Just got an email from The Game Collection and they will be dispatching the game tomorrow. So hopefully we should have the game on Saturday.

Great news. I have pre-ordered the game from them. They have been great with my orders recently.

Poke n run, less responsive fielders resulting in easy singles is still there in the many streams of online gameplay of cricket 19.

Lets c how this changes after the patch on 28th

Was yours a confirmation email or did you directly email them asking when they will ship? Haven’t had anything yet. Would be great if it arrives Saturday for the bank holiday Monday

Was yours a confirmation email or did you directly email them asking when they will ship? Haven’t had anything yet. Would be great if it arrives Saturday for the bank holiday Monday

I rang them and also emailed them i advised its bank holiday on monday so when will they dispatch it they said they get stock tomorrow and will be sent immediately

Users who are viewing this thread