100 100's - Finally it has come. Take a bow Master!

teamindia

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
@Dare - don't feed the troll. Just ignore him. If enough people do it, he will get bored and go away.

Says the guy who posted above me :lol How was my discussion in any way outside the topic he brought up ??

Gurjot95

National Board President
It becomes meaningless when that's what it all becomes about. Before every Indian match it was "will it be today blah blah blah" and not about the team. The BCCI is fine with it because it keeps the fans minds of the ???? performances of the Indian team.
Sad to say but the guy is becoming a bit of a stat's lover, not to use the other words on my mind.
That's what you will expect when your favorite player will be on 99 hundreds. Everyone would definitely brag about it. It has gone too little far though but then again it was expected when it takes one year to get the monkey out of your back. Media put too much pressure on him to score the damn hundred. Well now he has no pressure about anything, I can bet you will see different old Sachin now. People are also complaining about his sluggish hundred. Let's just think what would have happened if again got out in 90's? It has happened like 5 or 6 times, maybe more after he got that 99th hundred. So he just wanted to play carefully and get that milestone so people can stop complaining and he can play freely. Not really a Sachin fault tbh.

In short, I would recommend to see his performance in today's match. :cheers

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
Sachin's not really past his time though.

If you're going by merit and recent form, Sachin still is one of the best batsmen in India. He deserves to be in the lineup. The onus is on him to step down from ODIs and let the youngsters gain exposure and experience in build up to the 2015 WC.

A bit sad to read that he's still one of India's best when he hadn't scored a 100 for 12mths...But yes I think you are right. He still looks good at the crease for the most part, although more and more he is focusing on silly shots and not playing the ball on its merits. That is a symptom of a man a little too desperate for runs. Maybe he is human.

As for whether SRT is past his time: I think he should have stepped away from ODIs after the World Cup - that was a great end. Now it seems like he's just been playing on to get that 100th. Will be very interesting to see if he now gives up ODIs since the milestone has been achieved.

sattar

Club Captain
Unless India is defeated horribly at home and away by a team there is no red flag to be raised here by the board, fans or media. We have always sucked outside the sub continent. It sucks but that is how we play :D:D. It is not like England/AUS/NZ/SA are good in the sub continent. The Indians are more stronger than England, SA and Australia at home. No team is talented to come to India and whitewash us. :thumbs :thumbs

hey buddy agree that tendulkar is world class and should be on the team but if u say no team is talented to beat india is of because they always have a pitch where ireland can also chase or score 327 its because of ur batting just try a series with bowling pitch and then you will know that you deserve to call world champions or not.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
A bit sad to read that he's still one of India's best when he hadn't scored a 100 for 12mths...But yes I think you are right. He still looks good at the crease for the most part, although more and more he is focusing on silly shots and not playing the ball on its merits. That is a symptom of a man a little too desperate for runs. Maybe he is human.

As for whether SRT is past his time: I think he should have stepped away from ODIs after the World Cup - that was a great end. Now it seems like he's just been playing on to get that 100th. Will be very interesting to see if he now gives up ODIs since the milestone has been achieved.

Will probably go after 50 ODI tons.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
I think the thing about silly shots is also about what turns out to be conditionally inappropriate rather than what is a poor decision no matter what. There's a demand to bat extremely aggressively. We see even Sangakkara and Jayawardene augment their traditionally very elegant styles when they feel it's needed.

So a 'silly' technique on a low, flat pitch is really one that costs runs. It might be better to lift the ball deliberately for the sake of power, especially when the odd one that doesn't come on will outsmart your more correct off drive. This is doubly true if the outfield is perfect and the boundary is short. Something I find that is of particular use against the odd low one is the use of back foot drives and flicks instead of horizontal shots. But then if you're on a harder wicket, you can't necessarily get the bat up high enough without playing what would be a silly shot in context.

It's not that no players ever played this way until 5 years ago, but that's it to be expected and planned for. So it follows that if you must (and indeed can) do this to chase 300 quite often, then your first instinct might be that you've got to try and play this way.

Users who are viewing this thread