100 100's - Finally it has come. Take a bow Master!

The minnows in subcontinent pitches NZ, Eng, Australia will be touring later this year. ODI century no. 50 will come then.

Well teamindia, how dare you talk like that to the big boys of cricket? According to them, we are the third world country, we are not allowed to make mistakes (i.e. bat as slowly as David Warner did), we are not allowed to have bad tours overseas, we are not allowed to beat teams on slow and low wickets (whereas grassy pitches are so-called sporting wickets), etc?

Well done Sachin! A century in any format is a tough one to do (in fact even a century in T20 cricket with the speed required to do it is very hard). And you have done it 100 times in a career is a great achievement.

But now time to move on... Start plundering runs now. We need you to play for another 2 years and lead India's new generation and transition them in. DONT RETIRE NOW!!! Just dont care about all those bl**dy morons who talk rubbish. Anyways, all of them will start pouring fake tears and will fall at your feet once you retire and will say all great sweet complimentary things then. Never mind the criticism/hate you garner now. These fickle minded people will anyways change color later.

The 100 itself wasn't any great, its probably one of the worst knocks he's played in his career. But just for the record that was reached it deserves some accolade. Now that its out of he way, get back in form Sachin.

index.php

I was going to post some sarcy effort about how now tendulkar's achieved this pretty meaningless milestone he should go on and try and complete other pointless milestones like being the first man to score a 100 while moonwalking and the first man to get out by farting the bails off but I'm not.

this 100 was pretty shoddy to be honest, but if it was becoming a monkey on his back then it's for the greater good he reliquenished it. whether or not it was (though from the sounds of it, it was) it had definitely become a monkey on the fans back because it was becoming all anyone was interested in and really, that's just lame. he is a fantastic player and has produced countless amazing performances worth remembering, so I'm looking forward to going back to being impressed by the cricket rather than the numbers. surely having laxman in your team has taught you that it's the former that's really important.

I think another statistic will pop up soon enough, what else would there be to talk about?

A half decent century, definitely not in Tendulkars best, not even in his top 50. A great performance by Bangladesh though.

Bored Bored Bored

Now please just do one and retire already....

Hate any sportsman who play on when quite clearly their time has passed

Wow people, scoring 100 100's is meaningless record, seriously? Quote me when next time that happens. :facepalm

It becomes meaningless when that's what it all becomes about. Before every Indian match it was "will it be today blah blah blah" and not about the team. The BCCI is fine with it because it keeps the fans minds of the ???? performances of the Indian team.
Sad to say but the guy is becoming a bit of a stat's lover, not to use the other words on my mind.

Bored Bored Bored

Sachin's not really past his time though.

If you're going by merit and recent form, Sachin still is one of the best batsmen in India. He deserves to be in the lineup. The onus is on him to step down from ODIs and let the youngsters gain exposure and experience in build up to the 2015 WC.

It becomes meaningless when that's what it all becomes about. Before every Indian match it was "will it be today blah blah blah" and not about the team. The BCCI is fine with it because it keeps the fans minds of the ???? performances of the Indian team.
Sad to say but the guy is becoming a bit of a stat's lover, not to use the other words on my mind.

So the media should talk about the sensless win - loss stats? :facepalm What is wrong with someone playing for their own stats? At the end of the day everyone is a human being. Do you not put your own interests about that of your company at times? Nothing bad ... move on.

Unless India is defeated horribly at home and away by a team there is no red flag to be raised here by the board, fans or media. We have always sucked outside the sub continent. It sucks but that is how we play :D:D. It is not like England/AUS/NZ/SA are good in the sub continent. The Indians are more stronger than England, SA and Australia at home. No team is talented to come to India and whitewash us. :thumbs :thumbs

Irony you complain about personal stats. If Gayle who the board considers selfish plays, West Indies would be more competitive. You should give great players their own space to succeed.

----------

Bored Bored Bored

:facepalm:facepalm

@Dare - don't feed the troll. Just ignore him. If enough people do it, he will get bored and go away.

Users who are viewing this thread