1st Test: England v Australia at Nottingham Jul 10-14, 2013

Amazing innings...now off to bed...so many late nights...

Guy's got maturity way above other guys, like a certain David Warner.
This won't be the last we'll see of him.

Feel for him. Brilliant attitude on this lad, just shrugged it off. Put his side in a decent position.

Feeling very, very bad for Agar. Deserved a ton and a lot more. Very well played.

Looks like a good batting day! Ausies really need to bowl well in order to pose any kind of threat.
Well done Agar:clap Made me forget there is a tri series final going around too!

Tell you what, last wicket partnership was around 50 more runs than the total at the time 9th wicket fell. Should be a record partnership too.

I wouldn't be surprised if England lose a few quick wickets now. That last stand has put a bit of pressure on our batsmen.

Tell you what, last wicket partnership was around 50 more runs than the total at the time 9th wicket fell. Should be a record partnership too.

It is, the highest 10th wicket partnership ever.

Last edited:
All I'm going to say is that Pietersen was first discovered in 1999 as a nineteen year-old off-spin bowler who batted at number 9 in South African First Class cricket.

6 years later...

Agar is the first no 11 to score a fifty on his debut
Agar 98 is the highest score by any no 11 batsman
Agar and Hughes partnership of 163 is the highest 10th wicket partnership ever :)

Agar and records still a better love story than twilight :cheers

I wouldn't be surprised if England lose a few quick wickets now. That last stand has put a bit of pressure on our batsmen.

I agree with this. There is a real danger of collapse as they will be feeling so fed up and Australia will have their tails up.
I'd be happy to see a grinding attritional 150/1 at the close.

Wow, just wow. Thank god this is not an Australian forum unlike another one I am on which at the moment has 4,240 posts

Can you tell the forum name too

Bloody hell England - why do we always do this! We had them dead and buried and now look!

That 3rd Umpire decision though - that was a shocker; could be a very costly shocker as well.

Agar's 98 surely goes down with McGrath's 61 in Australian cricket folklore. Him and Hughes have given us a chance.

Users who are viewing this thread