2003/04 VB Series (Aus, Ind, Zim) (HARD)

Great knock by Hayden... but too easily a win. You need to challenge yourself! Try playing all stars in a test, or 50 OVER one dayer. I think you need to rid of these 10-20 over games. Or better yet, play as a lower ranked team, like Zimbabwe. You could also play an Australian domestic season where all the teams will be practically the same rank as you.

Hi Squiz, how do you liek playing the 20 over matches, i prefer to play the 50 over matches, just to make it more of a realistic feel.
But anyways, great report mate!
will be intreste to see how you go! :)

I feel the 50 over matches are a bit too long for me, thats why i play 10 and 20 over matches. I'm gonna do a 50 over match today and hopefully do a match report on it.

Cheers

Originally posted by Radaga
Hi Squiz, how do you liek playing the 20 over matches, i prefer to play the 50 over matches, just to make it more of a realistic feel.

Couldn't agree more! I love playing 50 over matches, it's all I play. Sports games have to feel realistic, otherwise it feel like an arcade kinda game.

This is the scorecard of a 50 over match that i played against The All Star Team on HARD. This is why i dont play 50 over matches

Attachments

• scorecard.jpg
    scorecard.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 72
That's too bad, squiz. Hopefully there will be a patch made soon that will make the game harder for you, so you can play in some realistic matches that are a challenge for you.

VB Series: Game 3

Australia (User) vs India

MATCH INFORMATION

• Hard Pitch
  • Warm Weather
  • 20 Over Match
  • Hard Difficulty
SQUAD
M. Hayden
A. Gilchrist
R. Ponting
D. Martyn
A. Symonds
B. Hodge
I. Harvey
S. Warne
C. White
S MacGill
G. McGrath

MATCH REPORT
Ricky Ponting won the toss and elected to bat first on what looked like a good batting wicket. But good bowling at the start of the innings from Zheer Khan got Hayden frustrated and had him trying to hit back over the bowlers head. It didn't pull off for Hayden getting out fourth delivery of the innings for 0. The next two balls were totally missed by Ponting and it was a wicket maiden to start the innnings for India. Australia didn't fair too well in the second over either with Gilchrist mistiming a ball through covers and being dismissed with a magnificent catch for only 6. A Solid 50 run partnership from Ricky Ponting and Damien Martyn put Australia back into the game. Symonds was dismissed next with a terrible run out for Australia. Mongia the standout bowler for India, he snatched up 2 wickets for only 6 runs off his 2 overs, including the clean hitting batsman of Ian Harvey. Two late small scores from Cameron White and Stuart MacGill got Australia to 9/140 off their full 20 overs.

India needed a run rate of over 7 runs and over and it wouldn't be easy but a huge 6 from Sehwag got India off to a good start. Harvey had a great game claiming 7 of the Indian batsmen, including Sehwag off his first delivery. His first over went like this: W W ? W 1 1. Dravid kept out the Hat-Trick ball. The next over Ponting went with a gamble with Damien Martyn taking the newish ball. The first ball went for 6 courtesy of Hayden, and it didn't get much better than that with 28 more runs hit off the next 5 balls. After than 34 runs over Harvey was bowling his second over, and again he was bowling for a hat-trick on the third ball of the over. This time Mongia was the unlucky batsman who had to face the Hat-Trick ball, and it was a jaffar of a ball just missing off stump. Harvey claimed the wicket of Mongia the next ball with a good outfield catch. It didn't get much better for India with Tendulkar being dismissed by Harvey fittingly for 55, and the team only managing to get 86 runs. In all there were four ducks, including two Goldens. The "Man of the Match" was awarded to Ian Harvey for the his best ever bowling statistics in his career, 7/18 off 4 overs. The next match played is Australia vs Zimbabwe.

Users who are viewing this thread