21 Feb - Australia vs Zimbabwe

Likely Australian team: Ricky Ponting, Michael Clarke, Cameron White, Shane Watson, Brad Haddin, Brett Lee, Mitchell Johnson, Jason Kreja, David Hussey, Doug Bollinger/Shaun Tait, Steve Smith.

Cricket Australia > Latest News > News

Looks about right obviously with Smith at 7. Pretty sure Tait will get the nod as they will want to ruffle Zimbabwe with the pace.

Why aint they playing Paine. The dudes got a cool name :)

Likely Australian team: Ricky Ponting, Michael Clarke, Cameron White, Shane Watson, Brad Haddin, Brett Lee, Mitchell Johnson, Jason Kreja, David Hussey, Doug Bollinger/Shaun Tait, Steve Smith.

Cricket Australia > Latest News > News

Looks about right obviously with Smith at 7. Pretty sure Tait will get the nod as they will want to ruffle Zimbabwe with the pace.

Dont think Krejza will play TBH. Based on how im reading it, im pretty sure the selectors will pick Hastings instead & depend on Smith/Hussey (Clark at times) to do the spin bowling.

But then again they might want to give Krejza a run in an official game early against this minnow team.

Dont think Krejza will play TBH. Based on how im reading it, im pretty sure the selectors will pick Hastings instead & depend on Smith/Hussey (Clark at times) to do the spin bowling.

But then again they might want to give Krejza a run in an official game early against this minnow team.

That's how cricinfo sees it. I would go Krejza, may as well give him as much chance to impress as possible.

Going by the current trend this show be another no contest. Minnows don't stand a chance in the SC thanks to the wickets, they never have the fire power to put on big totals or chase them down. Minnow victories usually result from strong bowling performances (with a big emphasis on friendly bowling conditions) in which the better opposition is bundled out cheaply setting or defending.

I'd be interested to know what the highest run chase by a minnow against a Test nation is in ODI, I'll guess it will be less than 250ish, deffo less than 270.

Hope to see Zimbabwe atleast put up a nice decent fight.
Although they will lose but atleast a 220 or 250 kind of score would be nice

Just hoping for the Aussies to bat first. Need to get entertained :cheers

Users who are viewing this thread