2nd PS3 T20 Champions Trophy- Completed

Thanks mate, its the first time ive beaten lilas so it made it a really good win for me.

Match 4 Group A: Pakistan(cheesearnie) vs India(lilas11)
Venue: Headingly (Hosted by Pakistan)

Pakistan 100 all out in 15.5
S Afridi 32
I Sharma 4/17

India 101/1 in 10.4
Laxman 47*
A Rahif 1/22

Result: India win by 9 wickets

Last edited:
Match 4 Group A: Pakistan vs India
Venue: Headingly (Hosted by Pakistan)

Pakistan 100 all out in 15.5
S Afridi 32
I Sharma 4/17

India 101/1 in 10.4
Laxman 47*
A Rahif 1/22

Result: India win by 9 wickets

Well done Lilas.

Can I request everyone when posting scores to also indicate the PSN ID of who they played?

I won't be online at 10 pm UK time. That is 5 pm for me. I will be online at around 10 pm my time( EST), might be late for you. Either way will catch you if you are online.
Others in the group please let me know your availability.

It may be very difficult for you to get a game in with anyone from UK at that time, because that would be around 3am here. I'll probably be on untill around 1 or 2am at the latest.

RIZZYX added 0 Minutes and 22 Seconds later...

Well done Lilas.

Can I request everyone when posting scores to also indicate the PSN ID of who they played?

Yeh lol i was thinking the same

RIZZYX added 1 Minutes and 5 Seconds later...

going to be very difficult to qualify here on...

Far to early to say that, theres 10 group games in total.

Group B : AUS (Thandamilk) vs BAN (LegendBoy20)

Australia (Thandamilk) vs Bangaldesh (LegendBoy20) at Auckland, NZ (Home game for Bangladesh)

Toss: Australia
AUS 221/9 in 20.0
Hughes 72 (33), White 71 (36), Hussey 24 (8), Mortaza 4/17

beat

BAN 159 all out in 19.0
Rahim 27 (27), Iqbal 24 (13), White 3/37

by 62 runs.

MoM: White for his all round performance.

Rizzy,if not tonight I will b online for the most part from tonight till Monday! Will surely catch up then

Pakistan (cheesesarni) beat Sri Lanka (gougie) by 5 wickets

Host cheesesarni Ground Karachi

Sri Lanka 147 all out 19.5 overs
Jayawardena 58 off 38 balls
Afridi 5 wickets 24 runs off 2.5 overs

Pakistan 151/5 18.1 overs
Butt 101 off 73 balls
Mahroof 2 wickets 38 runs 4 overs

Last edited:
Well played cheese, great spell by Alfridi, and an equally good performance from Butt getting 100 off the last ball.

AUS (Thandamilk) vs WI (Rizzyx) 2nd Match

AUS (Thandamilk) vs WI (Rizzyx) at Jamaica
Toss: Australia

Aus 209/8 in 20.0
Hussey 75 (46), Hughes 40 (23), Clarke 34 (15), Powell 4/30

beat

West Indies 161 all out in 18.5
Nash 37 (16), White 3/41

by 48 runs

------------------

Australia & West Indies have now completed their two games with each other in Group B, sharing the honors with one win each. After the thrashing the Windies gave Australia in their previous game, it wasn't looking any better for them as they started off disastrously to be 2 down for single digits. They lost another couple of wickets but kept attacking, to be 67/4 at the 8 over mark.

An attacking 80 run partnership between Hussey and Hughes followed before Hughes fell going for broke. Overs 14-18 went the way of the Windies with Australia failing to accelerate, and at one point looking at a sub-par 180 on a short ground.

Michael Clarke had other plans though and he put the Aussies over 200 with a belligerent 34.

The Aussies showed tremendous respect to the Windies medium pacers Roach and Powell; both of who did a great job going for less than 8 an over and picking up 6 wickets between them. They didn't have much support from the other bowlers though. The Aussies, and Clarke in particular, got stuck into Edwards; taking him for 50 off his 4.

Given the Windies' batting performance in their first match, 209 was just about a par score on the smallish Jamaica ground. Like the Aussies, WI lost early wickets and, other than a brief period when Nash was at the crease, kept losing them at regular intervals.

At 89/4 in less than 10 overs, the Windies were very much in the hunt. Over the next 3 overs though, they lost 4 quick wickets which pretty much sealed their fate. Roach and Powell added 31 for the last wicket. In what is likely to be an extremely competitive group, every run could count if it comes down to NRR between tied teams.

Good game Rizzy. I really didn't think I stood a chance after yesterday.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    127.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    126.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    141.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    136.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    132.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
2nd Match India(lilas11) Vs Sri Lanka(gougie)
Toss: Sri Lanka
Venue: Aukland (hosted by India)

Sri Lanka: 189/8 in 20 overs
India: 176 all out in 19.4

Result: Sri Lanka win by 13 runs

Well played gougie.. I seem to have forgotten how to win.. going to be very difficult to qualify here on...

lilas11 added 0 Minutes and 58 Seconds later...

Also is xtremedesi still part of the tourney have sent him multiple msgs on PSN and planecricket but no response
yes buddy i am still part of tourny
but i guess you live in india and i live in usa, i can only accomodate your timings on saturdays but if you are willing to play around noon indian standard time then let me know i can play any day.
but early morning i can only play on saturdays...
i am up know and i think krish is online, will try to get a game with him

the tourney really seems to be picking up now
congrats to all the winners
i shud be online tonite and hope to finish few games today

ppl from my group ping me on psn for matches

Guys the tournament is looking great. Thanks for the match reports, keeps me interested to see who's doing well. If anyone needs any practice matches Im your man, I can bowl quite well but im poor at batting so its good batting practice for you guys. pm me anytime if i dont reply in 5 mins ignore me. It is due to the kids being on who just end up playing bloody fifa all the time!

anyone from my group up for a game in 30 mins or so ?????

also gougie and lilas a little bit of match report keeps the interest of the ppl very much alive and also gives some insights to the game so plz if u can post some report along with results wud be great

guys i played a game with gougie
NZ V SL

SL:65 all out
NZ:66 in 2.3 overs

dunno what to say i think gougie was in some problem he msged me that there were many ppl in the room did not get what he wanted to say

m8 if u want we can rematch that game
he bowled his 2.3 overs with spin
so not excitin game
do reply gougie about the rematch if u want of this game

when i was bowlin at first for 7-8 overs the game was really at an interestin point with gougie not able to let loose only intil spinner arrived and was smacked all around

i got 5 wickets in 1 over with butler thats when everythin went wrong

Users who are viewing this thread