2nd Test: England v Australia at Lord's

But the innings is teetering on the brink. One wicket should be all it takes and we should go through them.

Great, they're getting together about the shadows caused by the lights which of course will create lights! It's retarded. And off they go...

I still expect an England win though - they'll have to start all over again tomorrow morning after all.

Only 209 to win though. It is vital we remove one, or both of these very early tomorrow. Wickets have generally been falling early on in the day during this match, we need that to continue. Seriously, if England don't get a win from here, then I give up.

http://thatscricket.oneindia.in/news/2003/05/14/1405runchase.html

According to that, if the Aussies do make it, they'll absolutely destroy the current record of successful run chases!

Last edited:
Amazing. Both Haddin and Clarke have been amazing today. What a top partnership - I hoped but didn't believe these two would last the rest of the day.

Well, thats stumps. Aus need slightly over 200 runs in a day, England need 5 wickets.

Loving this :D

Do you mean Asif Mandavy? if so then no, not at all.

Anyways, these two do not look like getting out. I'm a bit worried even though 217 runs on paper should be a solid lead right now.

How the hell are we going to get them out? maybe bring Pratt on the field

Fair enough. Upon looking at his photo on cricinfo, I take my comment back. Bopara looks just like him if he they are both very pixelated in a dodgy Internet feed though. God I wish I knew where to get a legit (hi quality) feed in Japan.

And thats stumps, I presume. My original wish was for Huss and Clarke to get double centuries and wrap the game up at lunch, but I'll settle for Clarke and Haddin at Tea. :cheers

We just need 1 wicket. Bring Mitch to the crease, get some close in fielders, a few friendly chats about how he is going this match..
We will eat the tail alive, just need to get one of these two out. If we get them with more than a 125 run lead, we should win

Well, thats stumps. Aus need slightly over 200 runs in a day, England need 5 wickets.

Loving this :D

If England lose this, they'll lose the series.

MasterBlaster76 added 0 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...

We just need 1 wicket. Bring Mitch to the crease, get some close in fielders, a few friendly chats about how he is going this match..
We will eat the tail alive, just need to get one of these two out. If we get them with more than a 125 run lead, we should win

Agreed, one wicket and we'll run through the tail.

would be a nice time for Broad to step up and take out Clarke and the tail....

EDIT: I dont think they are coming back. This shadows bs is annoying, just use the bloody pink ball already.

LOL the Fox sports crew were cracking up then! Awkward moment and the host (Nick McArdle or something lol) says with his best effort trying to hold his laughter back: Lets get to a break the, be back shortly". Lmfao don't even know what was so funny.

Well done Clarke and Haddin; held us up a wee bit. Still plenty of runs to play with and hopefully finish it before lunch tomorrow.
5 wickets a very successful day.

Oh god i hate it when this happens.

Only England can snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Hopefully one of both of the batsmen won't be so much "in the zone" tomorrow.

The wicket does look flat though.

This is fantastic from Clarke and Haddin. Need them to both post their highest scores then hopefully go on to double centuries, then the tail to wag.
I still think we might need rain to help us along the way.

If these two can get back in I would say we are more than a chance to pull this off. Johnson owes us 100 runs as well so someone needs to stay with him to make sure he repays us.

Users who are viewing this thread