2nd Test: England v Australia at Lord's

Australia should win this if Haddin and Clarke have a good first hour. If they can add another 50 runs I would back Johnson and co to get Australia home.

Wow we really do know how to bottle it.

Everyone who was acting as if England would walk this should take a long hard look at themselves. England never do it when it matters.

We need to get one early.

We're still going to walk it. Just chill. :)
This Aussie team is definitely better at batting than bowling but they're not about to chase 530.

If we win this I'll be surprised. We are going to lose, by a wicket. It's going to hurt really bad, and all the Aussies are going to be starting "oh Benny Benny, Benny Benny Benny Hilfenhaus" threads. I won't be on for a month.

If we win this I'll be surprised. We are going to lose, by a wicket. It's going to hurt really bad, and all the Aussies are going to be starting "oh Benny Benny, Benny Benny Benny Hilfenhaus" threads. I won't be on for a month.
:D Doooooooooooooooooooom.

We'll be fine Joe relax. We'll win by over 100 runs, no worries. Get Clarke out first up and the rest will follow swiftly!

:D Doooooooooooooooooooom.

We'll be fine Joe relax. We'll win by over 100 runs, no worries. Get Clarke out first up and the rest will follow swiftly!

I think Johnson has shown over the last 3 months he is a very capable batsmen. Hauritz and Siddle aren't to bad either. This game will go down to the wire.

I'll be starting a thread for Clarkey, Haddy, Johnny, Haurry, Hilfy, Siddley.

Don't you worry, we are very very unlikely to win, but my god, Clarke, you are wonderful.

Superb innings when we are in real trouble, got to love him.

I think Johnson has shown over the last 3 months he is a very capable batsmen. Hauritz and Siddle aren't to bad either. This game will go down to the wire.
Maybe, but the ball is still new and the pitch is condusive to spin. There's a possibility of Australia doing it, of course, but I think we'll have more than enough.

I guess we'll find out in the morning!

Well done Clarke and Haddin; held us up a wee bit. Still plenty of runs to play with and hopefully finish it before lunch tomorrow.
5 wickets a very successful day.
Your putting on a brave face, Colin aren't you?

200 runes needed in a day? That is pretty gettable. Especially with Clarke already on 125 and Haddin looking at getting back to back 100s (that should shut up the haters).

With our all-rounder Johnson in next, it is very gettable. If Johnson somehow does well tomorro with the bat, then I'll forgive him for his horrible bowling.

Johnson will blitz 130 off 45 balls, thus rediscovering his confidence and keeping his place, meaning he'll have combined figures of 27-300 in the last 3 matches and we lose 4-0.

Nah, I'm just afraid to admit I actually still contain that dangerous feeling that I think we'll win.

England will still win odds are in m opinion. I mean, as much as i'd love Australia to win it's still over 200 runs away. 1 wicket changes everything. It'll be a new day, they'll have to get their eye in again.

Swann's shown his worth and Flintoff bowled a killer first spell - great to watch, but the Broads and Onions need to chip in now. Broad really should be dropped. He does nothing. He's just bad.

Never rule out Australia though and never under-estimate England's ability to mess up in a situation like they were in. It'd be fitting if they won after the last game, which they deserved to win.

This =

101001.jpg

Australian victory. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread