2nd Test: England v Australia at Lord's

We were incredibly lucky with decisions yesterday which kind of ruins the fun of a possible victory. I haven't bothered to read the posts in this thread btw.

I wish I knew why they didn't go upstairs for the Strauss catch. Strauss probably should have been honest and said he wasn't sure, but there is the possibility he thought it was legit.

And about the point on the draw, Australia dominated the first game and England have dominated this one. If it rains all day tomorrow and it's a draw then the Aussies deserve it just as much as England deserved their draw. But lets not dwell. My point is, it's actually quite an exciting series when you have a strong favorite and a side hanging in their trying to defy the odds.

Lastly, the claim that Broad has had a few bad games is pretty funny. What's he average, close to 40 with the ball? That's more than a few. That's pretty much all of them.

There were a couple of 'dodgy' decisions which have gone England's way in this match. The thing is you're always going to have that particularly with Rudi at one end. The guy is not up to Test match standard but in saying that, its the same for both sides. They should both be on the receiving end of rubbish decisions.
Did Strauss really think he caught it? Doesn't matter now. That stuff happens, just need to forget about it.

Can Clarke and Haddin pull off a miracle? If Clarke does something special he'll be lauded as a genius. If he gets out early then he'll just be Mr Bingle.

We were incredibly lucky with decisions yesterday which kind of ruins the fun of a possible victory. I haven't bothered to read the posts in this thread btw.

Like hell it would! First Ashes win at Lords since 1934 and going 1-0 up after what everyone said after Cardiff? Nothing could spoil that.

There were a couple of 'dodgy' decisions which have gone England's way in this match. The thing is you're always going to have that particularly with Rudi at one end. The guy is not up to Test match standard but in saying that, its the same for both sides. They should both be on the receiving end of rubbish decisions.
Did Strauss really think he caught it? Doesn't matter now. That stuff happens, just need to forget about it.

Can Clarke and Haddin pull off a miracle? If Clarke does something special he'll be lauded as a genius. If he gets out early then he'll just be Mr Bingle.

Clarke's 120+ not out, isn't he? You can hardly label that 'Mr Bingle'.

Cracker of a game coming up. Looks like i might have to buy more coffee today for tonight.

An early wicket then it will probably be all over. Unless Mitch goes spastic....

If Australia lose this I'm blaming the umpires.

They'll win. England won't get a wicket until the second session, and will only get one more after that. By then, Australia will only need 13 runs to win and make it comfortably.

This has the makings of Edgbaston. Will never forget Lee's knock in the 4th inns to take a probable defeat to the brink of the greatest win ever. I just hope we can turn that result around as it was really heartbreaking to lose by 2 runs I think it was.

Clark has played a majestic innings so far, beautiful cover drives early on.

I know, I meant that these things even themselves out over time. And Strauss thought he'd caught it, so he didn't 'claim' a catch that he didn't take.

So he claimed the catch then.

so he didn't 'claim' a catch that he didn't take

Just about every news feed I have seen over the last 12 hours has said Strauss didn't catch it. I think most people agree he hasn't gotten everything under the ball.

Plus you should be able to feel that because the ball was touching the ground when his hands were on it unlike Hauritz one where it bounced just before so he caught the ball cm's above the ground and probably thought he got it just before it bounced.

I am still pee'ed off about the umpires. But as it happens, Clarke and Haddin have calmed me down. Australia are a chance, but I just can't see us taking this home for some reason.

I'm excited about the days play ahead of us. I'm just hoping that they don't walk out, get Clarke in the 5th over of the day and it's game over lunch time.

I really, really hope Clarke and Haddin stick it to them. Make a game out of it. The new day will mean they have lost their momentum, so England's best chance for a wicket will be in the first 20 overs.

Users who are viewing this thread