2nd Test: England v Australia at Lord's

If it rains today it will be justice. Aussies deserved first test and Poms this one. So it should be even at the end of this game. 0-0.

Aye, 0-0 would be a fair start. It would mean both teams found a way to get out of jail (England in the first and us in this one if we manage to draw somehow) and 0-0 going into the third would be pretty fair.

Dumbest thing I have ever read on here tbh.

You feel it makes no sense as people need brains to understand that.
Those were just my views, which I wished to express.
I dont care how you feel about them.

If Australia lose this test I can see at least 4 people saying Australia would have won had it not been for the umpires and Strauss "Cheating"

I think it's pretty fair to say the aussie's have been shafted at points during this match.

Howsie added 1 Minutes and 5 Seconds later...

Those were just my views, which I wished to express.
I dont care how you feel about them.

I think you mean I would need to dumb down to understand what you were just saying. Your last comment made no sense at all

It's not only the Strauss catch what about Husseys dismissal, that was clearly a very poor decision from the umpires.
England have outplayed and outthought the Assies in this test but it will leave a sour taste if the umpiring is not seen to be fair and England win.
I will definitely be listening for this final day.

Last edited:

LOL wtf are you on about. This is basically what you said:

England might of had doubts to whether Strauss caught it.
Because they had doubts and weren't sure if it was a catch they claimed it.
Claiming a catch when you weren't sure if it was out is in the spirit of the game.

That is the basically what you said. That is ridiculous.

Last edited:
Thats the way test cricket goes. The Umpires make mistakes all the time. I don't really think this deserves all the attention it's getting.

Aye, 0-0 would be a fair start. It would mean both teams found a way to get out of jail (England in the first and us in this one if we manage to draw somehow) and 0-0 going into the third would be pretty fair.

Yup even I think 0-0 is fair but England deserve to win this one, as Aussie have not lost even a single test match at Lord's from i think around 1934, so bringing Aussies to such a bad position on this ground is simply remarkable.
I might be supporting England for this match, but I hope that the Aussies win the Ashes 09.

LOL wtf are you on about. This is basically what you said:

England might of had doubts to whether Strauss caught it.
Because they had doubts and weren't sure if it was a catch they claimed it.
Claiming a catch when you weren't sure if it was out is in the spirit of the game.

That is the basically what you said. That is ridiculous.

I am on my mobile and therefore so many spelling and gramatical errors took place.
Sorry for them.

I did not see that match as my exams were on.
Dhoni might have done it once, but Ponting is just so often with those things. My personal view is that Ricky Ponting is a very (might be the most) dishonest player currently.

yudi28 added 2 Minutes and 33 Seconds later...

Nah man, check out footage of Dhoni "catching" Pietersen last time India were England. It's on YouTube. Horrible, horrible stuff. Amazing that the couple of slips standing next to him didn't see fit to comment on it either.

yup they had doubts that is why they did not say anything, they wanted to be fair and wished to play the game with correct spirit.
I am sure if Ponting would have been in England, he surely would say that Strauss has taken the catch cleanly and Hughes is out.

I am on my mobile and therefore so many spelling and gramatical errors took place.
Sorry for them.

Your spelling errors don't change anything. I quoted the post. It clearly says: "Yep they have doubts, which is why they did not say anything."

That makes no sense! If you have doubts then you say something! Not saying anything when your not sure isn't in the spirit of the game.

Nah man, check out footage of Dhoni "catching" Pietersen last time India were England. It's on YouTube. Horrible, horrible stuff. Amazing that the couple of slips standing next to him didn't see fit to comment on it either.

Those things happen once in a bluemoon. But Ponting keeps on doing it regularly. I dont have any problem with Ricky, he is a good leader and an extremely good batsman. But the only thing I hate about him is his dishonetsy.

Users who are viewing this thread