2nd Test: England v Australia at Lord's

I'm loving this new verb 'Johnson' Colin.

And other than Yuvraj Singh and Michael Clarke, there is no other cricketer who I despise more than that hairy armed midget chimp-a-like twat that is Ricky Ponting. The ambassador of cricket himself, the man who never stares down an umpire when he's out, the man who always walks and the man who never confronts umpires when his side have an appeal turned down.

I hope that the wickets are shared between Flintoff, Onions, Swann and Sir James of Anderson Lord Manor of Burnley because if Broad gets anymore tailenders with his garbage bowling it'll pretty much guarantee him a place at Edgbaston. And Headingley. And the Oval...

Or...England could have Australia lead them onto the field while Broad and Flintoff stop at the ropes and say, 'You know what, lads? You bat!' and then walk back up the stairs.

Not sure the umpires would be amused though.

We can look at it two ways:

England have 2 days to get 10 wickets

or

Australia have 2 days to get 500 on a good pitch.

I hope that the wickets are shared between Flintoff, Onions, Swann and Sir James of Anderson Lord Manor of Burnley because if Broad gets anymore tailenders with his garbage bowling it'll pretty much guarantee him a place at Edgbaston. And Headingley. And the Oval...

I like Broad but he's really looked out his depth. I'd bring Harmison in for him 3rd test.

Or...England could have Australia lead them onto the field while Broad and Flintoff stop at the ropes and say, 'You know what, lads? You bat!' and then walk back up the stairs.

Not sure the umpires would be amused though.

We can look at it two ways:

England have 2 days to get 10 wickets

or

Australia have 2 days to get 500 on a good pitch.

It's like a new version of "Is the glass half full orhalf empty".

Id say even though we have a 500+ lead the draw is the favorite here. Its a good batting wicket.

I am backing England btw. I can see it now:

"Jimmy Anderson steaming in at Hilfenhaus. He needs to get it full and straight and England win. Here he goes........................oh, look, it's raining. They're off."

No Will, I see it this way;

"And here comes Broad now into Hughes, SIX, smashed away by Hughes, there's his 500 and all of those runs have come off the bowling of this lanky streak of uselessness!"

only the weather can save the aussies from this position,

Id say even though we have a 500+ lead the draw is the favorite here. Its a good batting wicket.
Not with two full days to go I don't think. It's a win for either side the only real possibilities.

I think we should see how Broad goes in this 4th innings before calling for his head.

I'm impressed that, apart from the 2nd innings in Cardiff, we've gone at over 4 runs an over. I know that it was the dross Johnson served up in the 1st innings here that allowed us to score quickly but nevertheless its a good effort.

I know England can bottle anything, but if we mess this up from here it would have to take a choking of really epic proportions

Last edited:
Well played Colin, Nass is stealing your idea!

Which one; I stopped watching?
Johnson is wider than Del Boy; Ponting is as sporting as Greg Chappel; Australia need special rules to win; Swann is going to glide us home; Onions will pickle Aussies or Grevious Bodily Harmison needs to stick it up 'em?

England played aggressively which is what they should be playing like, which is good for them. Australia will need to play well to get the draw and will need the weather to help probably.

Users who are viewing this thread