2nd Test: England v Australia at Lord's

Cheats. That was not out, you can see the dirt ffs.

No it wasn't cheating, not our fault the sqaure leg umpire was too stubborn to call for a replay.

Hauritz had a similar catch yesterday which was turned down; is he a cheat?

No it wasn't cheating, not our fault the sqaure leg umpire was too stubborn to call for a replay.

Hauritz had a similar catch yesterday which was turned down; is he a cheat?

Struass should not of claimed it. Don't try and defend him, he is a cheat.

Aww piss off umpires. He stopped the ball with the back of his hand basically then scooped his fingers under the ball. As if they could see it from so far away, they should have went up stairs. Not to mention they managed to miss a blatant no ball which dismissed Katich. Abysmal. dohing rain and rain for the next 3 Tests.

Hauritz wasn't too sure if he caught it, he actually asked for it to be referred; if Bopara can have his wicket referred, why can't Hughes?

Definitly should have went upstairs, and I think it's extremely harsh to call Strauss a cheat, I don't think he would have claimed it if he knew it wasn't out. Expect to hear plenty of bitching over the matter:p

Out for me. I've taken catches like that in games and you know straight away whether it's carried or not. Strauss looked convinced, and he isn't the sort of person who would claim it if he knew it wasn't a catch. You can never tell whether it's carried from pictures, it always looks like it's bounced when in actually fact I think over half of the ones we see actually carry.

Big wicket though, and Australia need a huge partnership.

Struass should not of claimed it. Don't try and defend him, he is a cheat.

If you read back you can find all the many quotes from Aussies about how Hauritz couldn't have known whether the ball grounded or not and would have thought he caught it. Same doesn't apply for Strauss suddenly?

Enjoying this as an Indian it reminds me of sydney test,now the tables are turned.

look. Strauss might have thought he caught it but he could have been fair enough to ask the umpire to check with the third umpire to see if he actually caught it like one of the Australian bowlers did for a caught and bowled for the South African series I think it was.

Out for me. I've taken catches like that in games and you know straight away whether it's carried or not. Strauss looked convinced, and he isn't the sort of person who would claim it if he knew it wasn't a catch. You can never tell whether it's carried from pictures, it always looks like it's bounced when in actually fact I think over half of the ones we see actually carry.

Big wicket though, and Australia need a huge partnership.

No, you can see it hit the turf before his fingers got under it. His hand was touching it when it hit the turf but he scooped it up after it hit the ground. It's clearly visible.

Users who are viewing this thread