2nd Test: England v Australia at Lord's

Deadset, Hughes and Ponting both not out but given out in the first innings, but given out

Now you've just entering the world of paranoid fantasy. Second innings you have a case for Hughes but first innings are you telling me he didn't hit it? Ponting was out lbw or caught. The final decision was correct whatever the process.

How the hell were Hughes and Ponting not out in the first innings!?

to me its simple. If you get your fingers underneath a ball going at that pace, they will hurt like hell being crushsed between the ground and the ball.

I am a Pakistani and I just want a good day of Test cricket, but I am sorry Strauss would know if his fingers were between the ball and the ground and he claimed a wrong catch.

Billy and Rudi really have to be asked why are they not refer. Poor stuff all the way round to be honest.

Ponting deadset not out? He was plumb LBW either way!

Forget hawkeye, but did you honestly think it was plumb live? I always feel people have there minds changed when it is put on hawkeye. Yes it was LBW but live it was swinging to the legside and Ponting was backing away so it's hard to say it was plumb.

Because the "reliable" hawkeye says :sarcasm
And you seem to think Sky are fiddling with the replays to make it look in England's favour.

Oh England can't be successful without being accused of cheating can they.

I take it you were meant to quote my post...

You can see his fingers ripple after the ball clearly hit the ground. It's putting 2 together to form the big picture. Here the sequence of events

1. Back of hands hit ball
2. Ball hits ground
3. Fingers ripple and go under it.

Yeh I was, edited as soon as I saw it.

That's your vision of events, blatantly biased, just as mine may well be. I would be interested to see what people who have absolutely no interest in this series whatsoever have to say. Not that we'll see many of those...

Ponting deadset not out? He was plumb LBW either way!
It's a tricky one; Rudi obviously turned down the LBW as he asked if the catch carried, and as he thought he edged it, he couldn't have been given out LBW, but say if Rudi didn't think there was an edge, is there a chance he could have thought it was going down legside? Hilfenhaus has missed out on a heap of LBW decisions so far, so I suppose there's some equality there.

Or maybe I'm talking fluent ████. :D

Because the "reliable" hawkeye says :sarcasm

Someone else that thinks Hawkeye isn't right. I need a replay of Pontings first innings dismisal - dead set it might of clipped leg stump but Hawkeye reckons it was smashing into leg and almost middle. You could see legstump when it hit Ponting and it was swinging away - not to mention he was backing away.

Forget hawkeye, but did you honestly think it was plumb live? I always feel people have there minds changed when it is put on hawkeye. Yes it was LBW but live it was swinging to the legside and Ponting was backing away so it's hard to say it was plumb.

I would've given it as an umpire. Looked, hawkeye or no hawkeye, as if it was knocking out leg stump. If I got one of those given not out in one of my club matches I would be fuming for the rest of the game (It's happened a fair few times lol)

Users who are viewing this thread