2nd Test: England v Australia at Lord's

Struass should not of claimed it. Don't try and defend him, he is a cheat.

How is he a cheat?

To him he would have felt his fingers go under the ball like a normal catch and would he would have though he'd caught it.

Struass should not of claimed it. Don't try and defend him, he is a cheat.

Hauritz did exactly the same thing. Players on every team do it ffs but of course when it's an England player who does it let's all have a moan and call them cheats shall we? The umpires could have referred it and they didn't. Nothing to do with us.

If you read back you can find all the many quotes from Aussies about how Hauritz couldn't have known whether the ball grounded or not and would have thought he caught it. Same doesn't apply for Strauss suddenly?

Of course it doesn't, it's in Englands favour this time.

Hauritz did exactly the same thing. Players on every team do it ffs but of course when it's an England player who does it let's all have a moan and call them cheats shall we? The umpires could have referred it and they didn't. Nothing to do with us.

Our team had the decency to tell the umpires they weren't sure and they should refer it, didn't see that from any of the England team. I mean it's like they only have 150 runs to defend, not 520.

Interesting point I raised on MSN talking to Matt (Feelin Blue?).

Jake says (9:03 PM):
*I wonder how much the ECB are giving the umpires for this?

Deadset, Hughes and Ponting both not out but given out in the first innings, but given out, then Hauritz catches (but may have dropped) Bopara and it's not out, now Strauss clearly drops Hughes and it's out. Katich was out from a no ball. What next?

How is he a cheat?

To him he would have felt his fingers go under the ball like a normal catch and would he would have though he'd caught it.

The ball hit the ground, you can see the dirt move. Strauss should of gone upstairs himself by saying he didn't know. He didn't catch it, it's quite clear he didn't.

Feelin_Blue? said:
No, you can see it hit the turf before his fingers got under it. His hand was touching it when it hit the turf but he scooped it up after it hit the ground. It's clearly visible.

There is no way that it is clearly visible. That's just utter balls. The turf coming up could easily be from his fingers under the ball, there's not exactly a lot of it coming up is there?. Your just a sour Aussie making it out to be 100% not a catch. If you look at Strauss he 100% thinks he's caught it, and considering it's almost impossible to tell from a 2D picture, then I believe he's caught it.

So, does Ben still believe that Hughes >> Sehwag and Hughes , the best opener theory.

If you read back you can find all the many quotes from Aussies about how Hauritz couldn't have known whether the ball grounded or not and would have thought he caught it. Same doesn't apply for Strauss suddenly?
Yeah, but no-one can take Hauritz seriously, so that's why it wasn't immediately given out, haha. :p

Our team had the decency to tell the umpires they weren't sure and they should refer it, didn't see that from any of the England team. I mean it's like they only have 150 runs to defend, not 520.

My point excatly.

Deadset, Hughes and Ponting both not out but given out in the first innings, but given out, then Hauritz catches (but may have dropped) Bopara and it's not out, now Strauss clearly drops Hughes and it's out. Katich was out from a no ball. What next?

Ponting deadset not out? He was plumb LBW either way!

There is no way that it is clearly visible. That's just utter balls. The turf coming up could easily be from his fingers under the ball, there's not exactly a lot of it coming up is there?. Your just a sour Aussie making it out to be 100% not a catch. If you look at Strauss he 100% thinks he's caught it, and considering it's almost impossible to tell from a 2D picture, then I believe he's caught it.

I take it you were meant to quote my post...

You can see his fingers ripple after the ball clearly hit the ground. It's putting 2 together to form the big picture. Here the sequence of events

1. Back of hands hit ball
2. Ball hits ground
3. Fingers ripple and go under it.

You are starting to sound like India supporters.

Users who are viewing this thread