3d models for TAOC

Yo the hardest stand of Feroz Shah Kotla is almost done! i am so happy that the hardest part is almost done. I will post previews soon. What happened to everyone at the forum? no one is posting anything now. What happened to the other modelers?

i think that because,the exams are going on,therefore other modellers(including me)are not posting any of their 3d models...the reason could be applied to tanmay also me thinks...:D

Havent posted here in a while,so a top down render of the Colombo pic ref pic from google earth comments expected

and Oh LC forgot to mention that Jkartik have given me a stadium template so the scalling thing can be done now easily.

Attachments

• 1 copy.jpg
    1 copy.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 62
The curvature of the stands is a bit off. See the big curved stand at the top? Look at the ends of the stands and the angles they are at. The ends point out pretty much radially from the centre of the pitch, not vertically like you have them.

Basically the fronts are correct but the sides and back need looking at again.

I have a surefire method for doing curved stands if you're interested.

Keep up the good work though.

The curvature of the stands is a bit off. See the big curved stand at the top? Look at the ends of the stands and the angles they are at. The ends point out pretty much radially from the centre of the pitch, not vertically like you have them.

Basically the fronts are correct but the sides and back need looking at again.

I have a surefire method for doing curved stands if you're interested.

Keep up the good work though.

Man yeah i'm interested,i'm always up to taking advice from pro's.Thanks for the comments though.

OK let me just knock up a quick tutorial - I'll post back in a sec.

Bear in mind that this will be Maya-based, but I'm sure there will be equivalent functions in Max.

Thanks LC will see it in a min.

Tanmay added 3 Minutes and 14 Seconds later...

I understood the tutorial but dont know the alternative for 'Wedge Command' in 3ds max,you have any idea LC??

I'm afraid I don't know anything about Max (apart from it's not as good as Maya ;))

What you can do instead of a wedge is the following:

Select the faces
Perform an extrude, but extrude by a zero distance.
Then, with those faces still selected, rotate them setting the rotate pivot at the edge which I suggested to Wedge about.

So move your rotate pivot so it is in the same place as the very front edge (the one I told you to select for wedge face). Make sure you snap the rotate point so it fits perfectly.

That should do the exact same thing.

It looks better. Is there any chance you can:
a) turn the anti-aliasing up a bit on the render (at the moment it's hard to see the detail on the far away objects;
b) post some shots of the wireframe; and
c) post some shots in the orthogonal views?

I'd be interested to see what it's like.

It looks better. Is there any chance you can:
a) turn the anti-aliasing up a bit on the render (at the moment it's hard to see the detail on the far away objects;
b) post some shots of the wireframe; and
c) post some shots in the orthogonal views?

I'd be interested to see what it's like.

Of course but i don't know how to do "a" and "b". I can post the pictures of other views but can you tell me how to do "a" and "b" so i can post it? Thanks!

I'm afraid I don't know anything about Max (apart from it's not as good as Maya ;))

What you can do instead of a wedge is the following:

Select the faces
Perform an extrude, but extrude by a zero distance.
Then, with those faces still selected, rotate them setting the rotate pivot at the edge which I suggested to Wedge about.

So move your rotate pivot so it is in the same place as the very front edge (the one I told you to select for wedge face). Make sure you snap the rotate point so it fits perfectly.

That should do the exact same thing.

Man LC :hpraise:hpraise
i did what you told and i got the result not very good but with some practice it can be perfect

In case anyone is interested the West Indies v England Test is currently being played at none other than the Queen's Park Oval. Feel free to watch and pick holes in my stadium!

Question for LM:

What do you reckon to trying to get TAOC mentioned on the Radio 4 Test Match Special coverage? I could finish off my stadium and send them some nice renders to talk about? They do that sort of thing on there, like people send in cakes for them and stuff. Bit of extra hype can't do any harm. Let me know what you think.

Also, I noticed this morning that they have changed the pavillion to the Brian Lara Pavillion. Bit of texture modification required methinks!

Users who are viewing this thread