3d models for TAOC

Texture makers, start your Photoshops

I have attached a PSD file of the texture for the ball hopefully going to be used in TAOC, LM permitting. It has two folders, lambert1.bump and lambert1.color. The bump folder is the bump map, where black is low, white is high, and the color folder is the basic texture - it's obvious when you see it, especially as there are my example textures to work from.

I guess people can start making textures for the balls now knowing what the UV map is like. The final textures will need to be in PNG format I think, though again I'm not entirely sure on that.

Also, bump maps might have to be converted to normal maps, but that can be done using a free plugin from nVidia.

If you post some PNGs back I can apply them to the ball model so we can all see what they look like.

Attachments

• ball_pSphere.psd.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 21
Blue part is too flat which makes the stand shorter than it should be. Other than that, good.

Blue part is too flat which makes the stand shorter than it should be. Other than that, good.

Can you tell me in more detail? Do you mean that the height of the blue stands should be little more higher? And thanks for the suggession.

Can you tell me in more detail? Do you mean that the height of the blue stands should be little more higher? And thanks for the suggession.

trigrighttriangle.jpg

Θ is too acute at the moment and opp is not high enough. For the blue stand that is.

Last edited:
Yup Shravi is right.The gap between the top and bottom floors is less.People cant sit in some areas of the blue stand.They will be hidden by the top floor of the stand.I hope Im clear.

onw query....in poles on the of the topest roof...is it a cuboid or 4 sided or a cylinder....

if it is a cylinder please convert it to cuboid or convert it to four sided pole...this will reduce the poly count..

trigrighttriangle.jpg

Θ is too acute at the moment and opp is not high enough. For the blue stand that is.

Lol I get it. If you had shown me that diagram 2 or 3 months ago, I wouldn't have know what it means but this is what we are doing right now in pre-calc. This is funny, when I didn't know that these things exist then I never saw them but now I know they exist then I see them everywhere.
Anyways i'll fix that stand.

onw query....in poles on the of the topest roof...is it a cuboid or 4 sided or a cylinder....

if it is a cylinder please convert it to cuboid or convert it to four sided pole...this will reduce the poly count..

No need to worry about that because they are already 4 sides figures.

Last edited:
No one released anything for a long time but the silence is over. Here is a preview of the last stand of Feroz Shah Kotla Stadium.

View attachment 55797

Last edited:
I'm not entirely sure, but you might have to ditch the window transparency is favour of an opaque texture.

Also, do you have the total TRIANGLE COUNT for your stadium, not just the face count?

I'm not entirely sure, but you might have to ditch the window transparency is favour of an opaque texture.

Also, do you have the total TRIANGLE COUNT for your stadium, not just the face count?

The triangle count for the stand is 838 (only the faces are 419).

I don't know which window you are talking about. Do you mean the black transparent window at the bottom should be more transparent?

I mean that semi-transparency might not be supported at all, and if it is may be a processor hog.

Do you have the TRIANGLE COUNT for the ENTIRE STADIUM, not just the stand?

Users who are viewing this thread