3d models for TAOC

Hey everyone, first time poster:
Just read this entire discussion from page one, and though it was at times like the script to an episode of coronation street, I'm thoroughly impressed with the amount of effort and passion being put into this project.
The future of this industry is in good hands, some of this work is absolute top class. LC, some real proffesional stuff. And MS, your work has evolved brilliantly, well done on sticking to your guns.

Class.

:happyThanks man and welcome to the forum!:happy

Hi guys,

I am new at this forum and I have seen really good stuff here. I read through this whole thread for past 1 hour and this looks amazing. First of all, I have to say that Lazy did a great job in the stadium model. MS Dhoni didn't had a good start but Looking at the latest model, he has gone past Lazy's work. Nice work to both of you and rest who are working on it and MSD, good improvement in your work and your behavior.

Someone said about using the EA stadiums.
Instead, couldn't you use the EA stadiums and edit them.
Like use them as a template instead of starting from scratch?
Morson93

Someone said about using the EA stadiums.
Instead, couldn't you use the EA stadiums and edit them.
Like use them as a template instead of starting from scratch?
Morson93

No, I think LM wants everything to be totally original.

hello guys,no update from a long time,so here is a small part of the stand i was making for bangla stadium....

the textures are used just as a sample,these are roughly textured,in a hurry....
feedback please,used 3ds max this after almost 3 months....

we7lyz51cwxo7ys8xts.jpg

Finally an update to modeling. I will try to release Feroz shah kotla in about 2 days.

Thanks CH....
but now i am having some problems and want it to be sorted out....

i have made two UVmaps for one model(remember this whole stand is one model)
one for Publicstand stairs and one for the color...

but when i apply hidden part stadium,then also whole stadium gets colored....
and also i am unable to texture it through Material editor....as soon as i select a bitmap texture,the assign material button gets locked and cannot be dragged too...

please help me..

previews:

jgn1vk1oxzcdirbonivj.jpg

nzzn99dvwq6essnhjih.jpg

Thanks CH....
but now i am having some problems and want it to be sorted out....

i have made two UVmaps for one model(remember this whole stand is one model)
one for Publicstand stairs and one for the color...

but when i apply hidden part stadium,then also whole stadium gets colored....
and also i am unable to texture it through Material editor....as soon as i select a bitmap texture,the assign material button gets locked and cannot be dragged too...

please help me..

previews:

jgn1vk1oxzcdirbonivj.jpg

nzzn99dvwq6essnhjih.jpg

ohhhh, that is a big problem and it is ennoying. Even I don't know how to texture that so thats why use my techniques. All the time, make the parts of the stadium with different shape. For example, make the roof seperately and make the stairs seperately, make the poles seperately, etc. This way, it is easy to texture. You haven't gotten that far because I see that you only have one stand so far so it won't be a problem for you to start again. Use this method and you will never face this problem again.

amazing work! that looks fantastic...:clap

Users who are viewing this thread