3d models for TAOC

I mean that semi-transparency might not be supported at all, and if it is may be a processor hog.

Do you have the TRIANGLE COUNT for the ENTIRE STADIUM, not just the stand?

lol then I don't know what to do about the transparent glass. I will ask LM if it is supported or not.

The total triangle count for the stadium i have put togather so far is 6574. I still need to add trees, some small lights, fence, and 4 big lights. I think they will make up probably 100 or 150 poly count? I have easy way for them in mind so i know for sure that it won't go over maybe 200. So the total poly count for the whole stadium can be calculated as 6774. Note: where i have put "polycount", it is "triangle count". I am just feeling too lazy to go back and fix it lol.

I din't mean in that way mate...:noway:noway
I asked him because he was very eager for the Indian stadia in the thread for stadium models in C2K7.
Thats Why I asked him...:cool::cool:

BTW how can I edit the stadia mate??
I can use this technology in C2K7 and get great breakthroughs..

BTW how can I edit the stadia mate??
I can use this technology in C2K7 and get great breakthroughs..

Editing Stadium models is not possible till date as a conversion tool to convert O models to 3ds format is not made by any for cricket atleast(it is made for FIFA).

BTW Great model MSD.KIU i will soon give you guys a preview of my stadium.

Thanks to everyone for the comments!

@LC: Hey, can you tell me how to add sky in my preview? I tried it with a sphere and texture it with a sky texture but it looks weird. The way you have sky on your model looks good. Can you tell me how to do it? I know we don't need it for the model because LM already has it but i just want it for the previews.

I just composited my sky in Photoshop. There are Maya features you can use for skys, but I don't bother for previews - it's easier to just do it in Photoshop.

I just want to add at this point, that I HATE creating UV maps. It is the most repetitive, boring thing anyone has ever had to do on a computer.

Have a nice day.

You said it rightly LC.....It is the worst thing in Maya or 3ds max......

to save my time,i just clicks on Unfold Mapping and saves the Jpeg file....
what is the better technique so that the textures are not stretched.....

I am so happy to tell you that my Maya is back and I am about to finish up Feroz Shah Kotla. I am kind of stuck at the fence. Anyone have ideas on what is the best way to make it? I tried making a plane and then using photoshop to create the fence and then use alpha strategy to make it look like fence. The results came out this way: There were gray lines outside the fence and there wasn't alot of transperency in the gaps. What is the best option to chose while saving .dds files with alpha so the lines come out thinner?

Hey everyone, first time poster:
Just read this entire discussion from page one, and though it was at times like the script to an episode of coronation street, I'm thoroughly impressed with the amount of effort and passion being put into this project.
The future of this industry is in good hands, some of this work is absolute top class. LC, some real proffesional stuff. And MS, your work has evolved brilliantly, well done on sticking to your guns.

Class.

Users who are viewing this thread